Receivers focusing on run blocking

All of this talk that the recievers are going to be physical and are focusing mainly on run blocking is great. But I hope this does not mean that they are neglecting the pass game. That would be a waste of a lot of WR talent on this team.

What, the WR talent ranked at #11 in the B12? Where is this talent you refer to?

Now, I doubt that our receivers are #11 of 12 --- but no better than # 8 or #9 could possibly be warranted. The problem with the NU receivers is general lack of speed and play-making ability. The WR's and the TE's at NU are not a strength for this team. There may be hope with guys like Gillian and Holt and Paul --- but I'd have expected these guys to have already won starting or co-starting positions over guys like Swift and Peterson if they were at all that talented. Maybe they will in due course --- but, as it stands with what is returning, the receivers and TE's are a weakness for the team rather than a strength.

They might be a big unknown, but I don't think they are a weakness of the team. Who was the receiver that is 6'4 and runs a sub 4.4 40? I mean receivers of this stature don't just grown on trees. While Swift and Peterson may not set any speed records, I think we have plenty of speed at the receiver position. TE position is probably a weakness that needs to be addressed, but I think we'll be more than capable at the WR position. I think we'll see a breakout year from at least one if not two WR's this year.

All of this talk that the recievers are going to be physical and are focusing mainly on run blocking is great. But I hope this does not mean that they are neglecting the pass game. That would be a waste of a lot of WR talent on this team.

What, the WR talent ranked at #11 in the B12? Where is this talent you refer to?

Now, I doubt that our receivers are #11 of 12 --- but no better than # 8 or #9 could possibly be warranted. The problem with the NU receivers is general lack of speed and play-making ability. The WR's and the TE's at NU are not a strength for this team. There may be hope with guys like Gillian and Holt and Paul --- but I'd have expected these guys to have already won starting or co-starting positions over guys like Swift and Peterson if they were at all that talented. Maybe they will in due course --- but, as it stands with what is returning, the receivers and TE's are a weakness for the team rather than a strength.

They might be a big unknown, but I don't think they are a weakness of the team. Who was the receiver that is 6'4 and runs a sub 4.4 40? I mean receivers of this stature don't just grown on trees. While Swift and Peterson may not set any speed records, I think we have plenty of speed at the receiver position. TE position is probably a weakness that needs to be addressed, but I think we'll be more than capable at the WR position. I think we'll see a breakout year from at least one if not two WR's this year.

I'm thinking the same thing but for a different reason. Swift and Peterson are a perfect fit for a run & short pass type of offense. Both run good routes and are pretty reliable "possession" receivers. Combine them with Lucky (or Helu or whoever) out of the backfield and you have yourself a real decent, high percentage offense out there. If the running game is working (and there is every indication that it should), the LB's can't cheat back on the short routes, Ganz has higher percentage throws to make, reducing the chances of interceptions, short drops and routes reduces the chances for sacks and NU eats the clock while keeping the defense off the field. Throw in a Holt or Paul fly or deep post every now and again to keep the DB's honest and Wallah! Effective offense 101. It's the "Barney" influence....watch and see if I'm not right!