The Nation's Best

Let's get this show on the road!!! GBR!!

I already thought Ganz was a household name?? Everybody I know has talked about him since he tore it up last year!! :koolaid2: I think having a defense that will actually tackle, create pressure and turnovers, and keep points off the scoreboard will allow Joey to play like he's capable, score some points and cut down on the interceptions.

The only reason he threw so many interceptions last year, which is one of the the faults his critics like to point out, is because the Huskers were playing catch up and Callahan had him putting the ball in the air the entire game. Yes, he forced some throws, but what else was he to do? Throw it away, go 3 and out, and let the other team score again!?!

Go Huskers!!!

Also, Pelini and Herbstreit both played at OSU.

Fellow alumni...

Exactly what I was thinking.

Then again, it's nice to hear positive press.

Edit: Haha, he has Pelini as the number one coach who will "exceed expectations" . . . does he KNOW just how high Husker fans expectations ARE?

Also, Pelini and Herbstreit both played at OSU.

Fellow alumni...

Exactly what I was thinking.

Then again, it's nice to hear positive press.

Edit: Haha, he has Pelini as the number one coach who will "exceed expectations" . . . does he KNOW just how high Husker fans expectations ARE?

I'm sure he's talking about national expectations. It's hard to believe, but Nebraska really isn't the center of the universe!

The only reason he threw so many interceptions last year, which is one of the the faults his critics like to point out, is because the Huskers were playing catch up and Callahan had him putting the ball in the air the entire game.

EVERYBODY uses this excuse, and it's highly inaccurate. His most costly interceptions of the games he played in were when we had a very comfortable lead on CU, and his picks gave them a fighting chance.

The only reason he threw so many interceptions last year, which is one of the the faults his critics like to point out, is because the Huskers were playing catch up and Callahan had him putting the ball in the air the entire game.

EVERYBODY uses this excuse, and it's highly inaccurate. His most costly interceptions of the games he played in were when we had a very comfortable lead on CU, and his picks gave them a fighting chance.

It's true, some of his INT's were just bad. I have no idea why everyone freaks out about it, though. He had very little actual game time and was thrown into a tough spot during a tough season. Despite what anyone says, the jury is still out on him (for good or bad).