Full Metal Jacket vs Saving Private Ryan

I'd say Saving Private Ryan hands down because it goes like this.....Action, Action, Blood, Gore, Blood, More Blood, Action, Body Parts flying, talking, More Action, Blood, etc......you know where I'm going with this.

I just bought Full Metal Jacket on Blu Ray and I'd never seen the film before and I've heard a lot of good things about the movie and people saying that it's better than Saving Private Ryan. After watching the movie, I don't understand how Full Metal Jacket is better than Saving Private Ryan.....I just don't see it.

The only good thing about Full Metal Jacket is the very beginning where the dude finally loses his mind and goes ape sh*t and then after that it's borning as hell. I rarely fall asleep during movies because I enjoy watching movies but this movie had me close to falling a sleep or turning off the movie.

So bottom line I think that Saving Private Ryan is one of thee best War Movies ever made and I wasted $25 on Full Metal Jacket.

Full Metal Jacket would be my pick and for one main reason, R. Lee Ermey. Plus all the famous one liners to come outta that movie. SPR is a fine movie, but IMO I like FMJ a little more.

You gotta admit that once R. Lee Ermey died, the movie died with him. I agree with you, there were a lot of great one liners and all but wheres the action and blood ect. When the movie started I laughed at a few lines that R Lee said but once he died it's like the movie got really boring.

But I guess I'm more into movies for the action and intense drama and explosions but this is coming from a guy who loves War movies but not War itself. I thought that SPR really showed us what war really was and I've seen Veterans leave the theatre because it was so realistic that they couldn't bare to watch anymore.

Are you kidding me? Full Metal Jacket is a classic and I still watch it every now and again. Especially when I need to laugh a bit.

"Which one of you twinkle toed ****suc*rs just signed your own death certificate"

or

"Very good joker, I think I'll let you come over and **** my sister"

or

"Bull**** I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose, I'll be keepin my eye on you"

or

"only steers and qu**** from texas and I don't see any horns, that kinda narows it down now don't it"

Should I keep going or have I gone too far? :clap

I can't help but laugh at that section of the movie.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Are you kidding me? Full Metal Jacket is a classic and I still watch it every now and again. Especially when I need to laugh a bit.

"Which one of you twinkle toed ****suc*rs just signed your own death certificate"

or

"Very good joker, I think I'll let you come over and **** my sister"

or

"Bull**** I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose, I'll be keepin my eye on you"

or

"only steers and qu**** from texas and I don't see any horns, that kinda narows it down now don't it"

Should I keep going or have I gone too far? :clap

I can't help but laugh at that section of the movie.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

My favorite Full Metal Jacket scene/quote for humor value is when the Sgt. finds the jelly donut in the foot locker. It is something like:

Sgt: Holy Jesus! What the f*** is this Private Pyle.

Pvt: A jelly donut.

Sgt: Is chow allowed in the barracks, Private Pyle?

Pvt: No sir.

Sgt: Are you allowed to eat jelly donuts, Private Pyle?

Pvt: No sir.

Sgt: Why not, Private Pyle?

Pvt: Because I'm too heavy.

Sgt: Because you're a disgusting fat body!!!!

That never gets old...

I was thinking the same thing about the donut. :clap As I was typing the other stuff. That is great. And I agree FMJ is the only one I would watch again and again. Private Ryan was good, don't get me wrong, but it seems to go on forever.

Thats because it's a war movie and Wars are always long and last forever.

Saving Private Ryan hands down because for me I could watch that over and over (Surround Sound w/ a 12" subwoofer) for the actually realism of War and Full Metal Jacket for the quotes I guess. But between the two if I wanted to watch a good War movie I'd pick SPR!

I guess Full Metal Jacket is only a movie to watch for the first 30-40 minutes because of the quotes.

My favorite part of the movie:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Who said that? Who the f#*k said that? Who's the slimy little communist sh#t, twinkle-toed ****-sucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy f'ing godmother said it. Out-f'ing-standing! I will PT you all until you f'ing die! I'll PT you until your a$$hole$ are sucking buttermilk!

[Gunnery Sgt. Hartman grabs Pvt. Cowboy by the shirt]

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Was it you, you scroungy little f#*k, huh?!

Private Cowboy: Sir, no Sir!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: You little piece of sh#t! You look like a f'ing worm! I bet it was you!

Private Cowboy: Sir, no Sir!

Private Joker: Sir, I said it, Sir!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Well, no sh#t. What have we got here, a f'ing comedian? Private Joker. I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you, you can come over to my house and f#*k my sister!