Full Metal Jacket vs Saving Private Ryan

Full Metal Jacket and its not even close. The 2nd part of the movie takes on a whole new stance and is equally as amazing as the first. When you consider that it was all shot in London it makes it even more stunning

Yeah, I really enjoy the second half of the movie, though I understand a lot of people do not.

Full Metal Jacket would be my pick and for one main reason, R. Lee Ermey. Plus all the famous one liners to come outta that movie. SPR is a fine movie, but IMO I like FMJ a little more.

You gotta admit that once R. Lee Ermey died, the movie died with him. I agree with you, there were a lot of great one liners and all but wheres the action and blood ect. When the movie started I laughed at a few lines that R Lee said but once he died it's like the movie got really boring.

But I guess I'm more into movies for the action and intense drama and explosions but this is coming from a guy who loves War movies but not War itself. I thought that SPR really showed us what war really was and I've seen Veterans leave the theatre because it was so realistic that they couldn't bare to watch anymore.

I'm new, but I can't let it slide. But ,the line is, "which one of you twinkle toed c*^ks$#ckers just signed his own death warrant? Nobody huh, I guess the fairy f*@cking godmother said it."

"

"

j/k..Although I think I taped them on the same tape back in the day. (And usually get them confused).

Just a few days ago, I was even thinking how much Pvt. Pyle looked sorta like Billy Corgan from "Smashing Pumpkins"

Whenever I hear "

" I think of the surreal scene of the helicopters going over the trees in FMJ

U4Cu5YMfoFI

I didn't realize I liked so many war movies..Loved the cinematography on "Saving Meg Ryan" but don't have much desire to see it again. (Meg wasn't nude).

You guys are forgetting one of the best one liners of all time, "Me sooo horny, me love you long time". :lol:

GU6xUyLKn7U&feature=related

Ummmm I guess I"m the only one who thinks SPR is better than Full Metal Jacket :lol:

The reason I like Saving Private Ryan so much is the story line, cinematography, and the action. I liked how Steven Spielberg brought a Warzone into my living room and actually made me feel like I was in the War. I thought that it was brillant where 8 soldiers had to go out and save one man and then Tom Hanks dies at the end. I don't know just admired the action, the acting, and the picture.....I just can't wait till this movie comes out on Blu Ray.

What I really like in Full Metal Jacket was R. Lee Ermey and all of his quotes but after he died my interest in the movie kind of died because the war scenes well lets face it was really god awful. I did like how it ended with them staring at that dying Vietnamese girl where she was begging them to shoot her. But I didn't really care for the story at all, it really lacked one in my opinion.

I had this discussion with some friends of mine at work and they all told me that you really can't put these two movies in the same category because they're two totally different movies. They really didn't think that Full Metal Jacket was a war movie but more of a military movie. But anyways thanks for posting all of the great R. Lee Ermey quotes and I can't wait till SPR comes out on BLU RAY. :clap

Ummmm I guess I"m the only one who thinks SPR is better than Full Metal Jacket :lol:

The reason I like Saving Private Ryan so much is the story line, cinematography, and the action. I liked how Steven Spielberg brought a Warzone into my living room and actually made me feel like I was in the War. I thought that it was brillant where 8 soldiers had to go out and save one man and then Tom Hanks dies at the end. I don't know just admired the action, the acting, and the picture.....I just can't wait till this movie comes out on Blu Ray.

What I really like in Full Metal Jacket was R. Lee Ermey and all of his quotes but after he died my interest in the movie kind of died because the war scenes well lets face it was really god awful. I did like how it ended with them staring at that dying Vietnamese girl where she was begging them to shoot her. But I didn't really care for the story at all, it really lacked one in my opinion.

I had this discussion with some friends of mine at work and they all told me that you really can't put these two movies in the same category because they're two totally different movies. They really didn't think that Full Metal Jacket was a war movie but more of a military movie. But anyways thanks for posting all of the great R. Lee Ermey quotes and I can't wait till SPR comes out on BLU RAY. :clap

Your friends are correct, while both are war movies and both have excellent casts and directors. They are quite different in a number of ways. I tend to think of it like this. SPR is a movie I'll watch with my wife, FMJ is more like a "guys" movie.

Your friends are correct, while both are war movies and both have excellent casts and directors. They are quite different in a number of ways. I tend to think of it like this. SPR is a movie I'll watch with my wife, FMJ is more like a "guys" movie.

:yeah

Both are "guys" movies