College football live

They hated Nebraska last year. It's the same team, different coach and now they love Nebraska this year. Coaching makes a difference but for ESPN to do a complete 180 since a coaching change was made does not make much sense. And it's even funnier how all the people gushing over the coverage ESPN is giving Nebraska were the same people who b*tched and moaned when they got bad/no coverage. They hated ESPN last year and now everyone loves ESPN because they are saying good things? The mob is fickle.

how do you not get it ? i read this and just got the what-the-fu#% ? look on my face .... Callahan was an idiot .. now he's gone.. it's better for college football.. period

I know Callahan was an idiot! I'm not defending that! I'm saying that a new, first year head coach does not always equate to a drastic turnaround and the all knowing ESPN gods are gushing and I believe it's just because the new coach is a friend of theirs. They can say they will be better but the crowning them the best turn-around team in the nation is ludicrous. I suppose it is to just get conversation going anyway, but I for one would rather wait UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON to say they are the best turnaround team. It's just odd to me that years of bad pub and no pub from ESPN is all erased by the new coach and the fans just jump all over it. And I'm not talking about Callahan anyway. I'm talking about ESPN. But you want to get off on your tangent and your only defense is Callahan was an idiot, but you do nothing to disprove my point. Just Callahan was an idiot. You need to learn to argue.

They hated Nebraska last year. It's the same team, different coach and now they love Nebraska this year. Coaching makes a difference but for ESPN to do a complete 180 since a coaching change was made does not make much sense. And it's even funnier how all the people gushing over the coverage ESPN is giving Nebraska were the same people who b*tched and moaned when they got bad/no coverage. They hated ESPN last year and now everyone loves ESPN because they are saying good things? The mob is fickle.

how do you not get it ? i read this and just got the what-the-fu#% ? look on my face .... Callahan was an idiot .. now he's gone.. it's better for college football.. period

I know Callahan was an idiot! I'm not defending that! I'm saying that a new, first year head coach does not always equate to a drastic turnaround. How do you not get it?!? And I'm not talking about Callahan anyway. I'm talking about ESPN. But you want to get off on your tangent and your only defense is Callahan was an idiot, but you do nothing to disprove my point. Just Callahan was an idiot. You need to learn to argue.

relax Alice... Callahan was an idiot ... he's gone.. Pelini's got Nebraska headed in the right direction... that's all .... I need to learn to argue ? .... i don't argue with tools like you

I know Callahan was an idiot! I'm not defending that! I'm saying that a new, first year head coach does not always equate to a drastic turnaround. How do you not get it?!? And I'm not talking about Callahan anyway. I'm talking about ESPN. But you want to get off on your tangent and your only defense is Callahan was an idiot, but you do nothing to disprove my point. Just Callahan was an idiot. You need to learn to argue.

relax Alice... Callahan was an idiot ... he's gone.. Pelini's got Nebraska headed in the right direction... that's all .... I need to learn to argue ? .... i don't argue with tools like you

Now I'm a fan of Pelini too, but you need Shatel's column The Jury is Biased but verdict on Bo is not in.... Nebraska hasn't even played a game yet and he's all of a sudden got the program heading in the right direction. If you need such a small sample size to make such a big statement then I could ask one person who they are going to vote for in November, they say McCain, therefore in your logic McCain is going to win. I know Callahan was an idiot, but people who temper expectations and don't make such broad statements without much hard evidence tend to be more patient with a coaching staff.

I think what he's trying to say is that we shouldn't just assume Pelini's got Nebraska headed in the right direction because we and ESPN think he does. A lot of people thought BC had Nebraska headed in the right direction especially after the first or shall I say second recruiting class he brought in. It will be easier to gauge the direction of the program at season's end and in a couple of years. If we would happen to lose Saturday, I'm curious as to how many fall off the Pelini bandwagon?

I think what he's trying to say is that we shouldn't just assume Pelini's got Nebraska headed in the right direction because we and ESPN think he does. A lot of people thought BC had Nebraska headed in the right direction especially after the first or shall I say second recruiting class he brought in. It will be easier to gauge the direction of the program at season's end and in a couple of years. If we would happen to lose Saturday, I'm curious as to how many fall off the Pelini bandwagon?

Thank you Junior. You have a better way with words than I. I also will be curious. And further more, what if they have a 6-6 season? How many will jump ship then too? Not I.

Now I'm a fan of Pelini too, but you need Shatel's column The Jury is Biased but verdict on Bo is not in.... Nebraska hasn't even played a game yet and he's all of a sudden got the program heading in the right direction. If you need such a small sample size to make such a big statement then I could ask one person who they are going to vote for in November, they say McCain, therefore in your logic McCain is going to win. I know Callahan was an idiot, but people who temper expectations and don't make such broad statements without much hard evidence tend to be more patient with a coaching staff.

not exactly on McCain buy yes your logic on me being more patient with Bo is exact

1- Mark May: Ever since this tool decided anoint the 2007 USC Trojans the pre-season greatest team of all time, I've had trouble not fainting when he comes on the air.

2- Lou Holtssss: Daffy Duck's homerism makes Nebraska Kool-aid look like distilled water. Lou Holtz chugs so much Ultra-Lame-aid that it's no wonder he sprays all over the place when he opens his yap. Notre Dame 11-1 in 2008? Just retire, man. You're finished.

3- Brent Musburger: Vince Young. That's all I need to say.

4- Kirk Herbstreit: One of the few ESPN analysts that I can tolerate. At least when he talks I get some sense that a moment or two of research when into it.

5- Lee Corso: While I never want him to pick Nebraska on Gameday, he's enjoyable to watch. A silver lining, if you will, in all the SEC's many overrated matchups.