College football live

So what the F are they supposed to fill 4 hours with? Nebraska was terrible last year and analysts on ESPN criticized the team. "OMG ESPN hates Nebraska!" Nebraska hires a respected, top defensive coach (#3 D each of the past 3 years) as their head coach to fix their defense, and the analysts on ESPN are optimistic about Nebraska. "OMG total conspiracy!"

I have an idea, lets not talk about football until after the season to be certain we don't make any inaccurate prediction. :sarcasm

So what the F are they supposed to fill 4 hours with? Nebraska was terrible last year and analysts on ESPN criticized the team. "OMG ESPN hates Nebraska!" Nebraska hires a respected, top defensive coach (#3 D each of the past 3 years) as their head coach to fix their defense, and the analysts on ESPN are optimistic about Nebraska. "OMG total conspiracy!"

I have an idea, lets not talk about football until after the season to be certain we don't make an inaccurate prediction. :sarcasm

I don't care what ESPN does, they can talk about Mark May's favorite woman's clothing for all I care. I'm talking about Nebraska fans eating it up all of a sudden. They were idiots last year, and now guess what, those same idiots are making the statements this year. But this year they are a 180 and now all of a sudden they aren't idiots.

Lou Holtz "Bo Pelini will NOT have problems on defense" :woo:woo:woo

Unfortunately, I disagree with that, at least if taken at face value. Pelini himself said the players are just now starting to get things down. I'm guessing they've got a long ways to go before they'll be at the stage of having no problems. But we won't be seeing a defense that just totally falls apart, either. So if he meant that, it's another thing, but that's not my definition of no problems.

Why are you such a downer??

It always amuses me when realism is mistaken for being a downer.

comments like this are hilarious.

Lou Holtz "Bo Pelini will NOT have problems on defense" :woo:woo:woo

Unfortunately, I disagree with that, at least if taken at face value. Pelini himself said the players are just now starting to get things down. I'm guessing they've got a long ways to go before they'll be at the stage of having no problems. But we won't be seeing a defense that just totally falls apart, either. So if he meant that, it's another thing, but that's not my definition of no problems.

Why are you such a downer??

It always amuses me when realism is mistaken for being a downer.

comments like this are hilarious.

I was just messing!!!

I'm still skeptical about ESPN. So they all of a sudden like Nebraska? Could it be because their main college football analyst (Herbstreit) is buds with Pelini? I feel like they are shoveling out all of their accolades based on that fact rather than them knowing anything about football. They hated Nebraska last year. It's the same team, different coach and now they love Nebraska this year. Coaching makes a difference but for ESPN to do a complete 180 since a coaching change was made does not make much sense. For me I still think they all suck and I will not pay any attention to them. And it's even funnier how all the people gushing over the coverage ESPN is giving Nebraska were the same people who b*tched and moaned when they got bad/no coverage. They hated ESPN last year and now everyone loves ESPN because they are saying good things? The mob is fickle.

Duster Dan..

Are you new?

Of course they are Loved now that they've come to their senses and started talking positive about Nebraska.

Shows how even ESPN analyst can suddenly get smart ...by taking their smart pills?. (Or ineffective Alzheimer pills) :dunno

(Don't make me look for that sarcasm smilie). <_<

I doubt if more than half of us were ever completely fooled by Callahan innitially like we may be with Pelinni.

The walk-on reduction alone made me suspect Cally was a little naieve..And having only a couple longtime assistant Coaches held over (in reduced roles) further made me skeptical.

Then the playing to not lose big against USC, the purging of longtime support staff, and running off of former players just made me believe he was evil.

:exageration: :sorta:

While it's true, Pelini has only coached us on an interum basis so far, it's easy to believe we're on the right track before his first game because of some of the positive changes he's already made in preparing for this season..

I don't know HOW espn got wind of it, though.

Isn't it assumed that the "Talking Heads" may have put out some great songs..But generally are just pretty faces with no original thought of their own.

I say bring the Wimmen from "Naked News" over to give us the Football analysis in style. :clap

Holtz is pretty strange. Sometimes I think he's right on, and other times he goes off half-crazy and babbles nonsense. I have always found myself agreeing with about half of what he says, and then almost immediately wondering what type of drug he's been taking when he moves on to the next topic.

I schthink Lou Holsh ish shill relevent in shportch broadcashing. :wacko: