Ganz' projected 2007 numbers

I have a difficult time accepting KU's defense is/was better than USC's. In fact USC finished #2 in total defense...Kansas finished 12th.

I agree, I was just afraid to bring it up for fear the thread would degenerate into another "KU is teh best evar" vs. "KU is teh lose" thread. ;)

I think if you were to add in strength of schedule, KU's overall defensive rating could quite possible be way over-rated.

:yeah

How many of you remember who the QB was or even how his individual stats were the year the Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl? If the Huskers win, what else really matters? Freeman or any other QB can have their stats, if we get the victory. It's all about role playing and the team effort. If we run every down and win, do you care if Ganz's stats were cool or not?

What were the stats of the QB for LSU when they won the NC. Who cares? Only the also ran!

How many of you remember who the QB was or even how his individual stats were the year the Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl? If the Huskers win, what else really matters? Freeman or any other QB can have their stats, if we get the victory. It's all about role playing and the team effort. If we run every down and win, do you care if Ganz's stats were cool or not?

What were the stats of the QB for LSU when they won the NC. Who cares? Only the also ran!

:yeah

As for not being sold on Ganz. I don't think I've seen a guy come in and take over a game, and finish out the season the way he did last year. He's shown his mental grasp of the offense and the physical ability to gain yards when a play breaks down. He made some haedy plays last year. And for a guy with dozen or so snaps previous, he made it look pretty easy.

If our O line is a s improved as they say Ganz won't have to be superman. Just be patient in the offense ala: Zac Taylor,: and hopefully he won't have to put it up 50 times and take hits in the pocket.

I'm more concerned with our WRs keeping there hands on the football. There where some ugly drops in the spring game. If thats not remedied, then they'll HAVE to run, and run, and run some more!

Overall I think Ganz can, and will be better than Reesing come November. But we soon shall see. :horns2

Was on another board where I posted the article with Freeman basically throwing jordy nelson and all the seniors from K-state under the bus last year. He kept trying to tell me that I had sour grapes blah blah. So in an attempt to show him I could give a hoot about freeman I figured these stats using ganzs' averages from last year yds/attempt, td-int/attempt and adding all of kellers attempts to ganz and these are the numbers I came up with:

Joey Ganz 2007

CMP 280 ATT 477

YDS 4438 PCT 58.6

YDS/A 9.4 TD 50 INT 23

SACKS 15 RATING 161.8

National Ranking

3rd Rating

4th Yards

1st Touchdowns

:nutz:nutz:nutz

It really is a kick in the :nutz to think that his numbers could have been close to that, that's TTech TOM BRADY numbers.

What's past is past, I know. I also know that it's a new year with a different mindset and no mo Mo Purify but dang if Joe could come close to those numbers this year it's gonna be a entertaining season.

fixed that second to last paragraph for you.