Ganz' projected 2007 numbers

Was on another board where I posted the article with Freeman basically throwing jordy nelson and all the seniors from K-state under the bus last year. He kept trying to tell me that I had sour grapes blah blah. So in an attempt to show him I could give a hoot about freeman I figured these stats using ganzs' averages from last year yds/attempt, td-int/attempt and adding all of kellers attempts to ganz and these are the numbers I came up with:

Joey Ganz 2007

CMP 280 ATT 477

YDS 4438 PCT 58.6

YDS/A 9.4 TD 50 INT 23

SACKS 15 RATING 161.8

National Ranking

3rd Rating

4th Yards

1st Touchdowns

:nutz:nutz:nutz

It really is a kick in the :nutz to think that his numbers could have been close to that, that's TTech numbers.

What's past is past, I know. I also know that it's a new year with a different mindset and no mo Mo Purify but dang if Joe could come close to those numbers this year it's gonna be a entertaining season.

He played for 3 games, right? That's not an acceptable sample size anywhere, for anything, especially a college football season.

True except for one of those was against the best defense we played all year (Kansas, yes better than USC). I'm not saying you aren't right as I never took statistics, but it holds a little water.

It doesn't require a statistics class. What those three games show is potential, nothing else. It doesn't show if he could have pulled it off game after game, which is what you need to do over the course of an entire season. So while it's a fun exercise, I'm sure, it really doesn't allow you to say much beyond, "Yeah, he showed some potential. Let's see if he can duplicate that for a whole season, now."

If you want to really start analyzing statistics, I would argue anything less than a full season and half to two seasons is the minimum for sample size. If you have a better prediction, make it. I personally don't think you should be so dismissive of others' predictions based on sample size when there are plenty of QBs in the country who have the same issue.

If you want to really start analyzing statistics, I would argue anything less than a full season and half to two seasons is the minimum for sample size. If you have a better prediction, make it. I personally don't think you should be so dismissive of others' predictions based on sample size when there are plenty of QBs in the country who have the same issue.

I don't have a "better" prediction, because I don't have ANY decent prediction. That's the entire point. There is no real way to know how Ganz will perform this year. We saw him for 3 games with what could easily end up being an entirely different team than we will have this season.

He played for 3 games, right? That's not an acceptable sample size anywhere, for anything, especially a college football season.

True except for one of those was against the best defense we played all year (Kansas, yes better than USC). I'm not saying you aren't right as I never took statistics, but it holds a little water.

I have a difficult time accepting KU's defense is/was better than USC's. In fact USC finished #2 in total defense...Kansas finished 12th.

I have a difficult time accepting KU's defense is/was better than USC's. In fact USC finished #2 in total defense...Kansas finished 12th.

I agree, I was just afraid to bring it up for fear the thread would degenerate into another "KU is teh best evar" vs. "KU is teh lose" thread. ;)

I think if you were to add in strength of schedule, KU's overall defensive rating could quite possible be way over-rated.

you can look at this in more than one way. yes they may be gawdy numbers for the good, but they are also gawdy for the bad. 23 picks is a ton, a number that will cost us more than one game.

I certainly hope that Ganz does a great job, but i certainly dont think we have anything to go by. In fact i would argue that if we were to base his success this year by what we saw last year, then he would not have a very good year. why do i say this, we threw an ungodly amount in the last 3 games. 1 game we had zero chance so we just kept chucking it and the 4 picks really should have been 7. the 2nd game was against a dismal ksu where cally was trying to keep his job by running up the score. the 3rd game was the only crunch time game and honestly, Ganz sh#t the bed with 2 horrific passes that led to our downfall.

Therefore if i was going to base this year off of last i would be extremely worried.

Thats why i dont base this year on last, it would give me an ulcer.

I'm really hoping that Ganz WON"T HAVE TO throw as much this year. Keep in mind that we played from behind pretty much the entire second half of the season. If our defense is as good as we all hope and our running game is decent there's no way Ganz will put up those kinds of numbers.

Off topic:

HuskerfaninOkieland...you sig is funny as hell!!! People in the cubes around me were wondering what I was laughing so hard about!!!

I'm thinking we're going to see Ganz's passing numbers in the low to mid 2000 yard range as we put a lot more emphasis on the run. Playing like TT will yield results like TT. We'll beat someone we probably shouldn't, and we'll lose to some teams we shouldn't. I don't think this is either Pelini's or Watson's vision of where this offense needs to go.

Why would they call you bitter about Freeman? Just point to the scoreboard. Here let me help you. Here are some interesting QB stats against Nebraska in 2007:

# Att Comp Int Yards TD PassingEfficiency

1 44 26 0 320 2 135.2

2 43 26 1 422 3 161.3

Impressive numbers against a pretty crappy defense. One set of numbers is from Freeman and one set of numbers is from Ball St QB, Nate Davis. Can they guess which is which?

Ask them when the Nate Davis for Heisman campaign starts up.