Murillo & Thenarse

Just wondering why these 2 didn't start since the "Depth Chart" that was released listed them as #1. I don't even remember seeing either of them on the field or did I miss something? :dunno

As far as the game goes here is what I took away from it:

1. Glenn looked like he has been playing LB for years. Maybe the position switch should have happened sooner. <_<

2. Ganz looked really good for the first 3 quarters and then dropped a big turd in the 4th. Those two Int's were terrible, but from what he said after the game he knows that. (although he kind of threw Henry under the bus for the first one) I also noticed he may suffer from Steve Taylor syndrome when it comes to pitching during option plays.

3. Lucky was his normal do it all self. 14 touches for 78 yards 5.5 ypt and 2 TD's. As was Nate Swift. They are both so steady. :clap

4. It was nice to see the front 4 have flashes of pressure. Turner looked pretty good tonight.

5. The young guys at CB have some work to do but that will come with time. West looked pretty good and Prince had his moments. O'Hanlon has a ways to go as well.(I know he's not young)

6. The PK's are pretty darn solid and that is an awesome weapon to have. :horns2

7. I really liked seeing Niles Paul return punts. Like MeShawn said "Get him the damn ball." :woo

8. Bo and Watson really called a good game. :cheers Most of the mistakes are correctable and I'm sure they will be addressed. There is one thing for sure these coaches will have the players prepared and it will be up to the kids to make the plays.

All in all I thought it was a pretty solid perfromance. It was nice to see the defensive guys flying around again, instead of sitting on the back of their feet waiting for the action to come to them. :bonez This team will get better as the year goes on but we are not there YET. (notice I said yet)

5. The young guys at CB have some work to do but that will come with time. West looked pretty good and Prince had his moments. O'Hanlon has a ways to go as well.(I know he's not young)

West had a good play in the 3rd I believe. Tiller threw the ball outside to his receiver and West recognized right away what was happening and jammed his receiver back into the other guy and busted up the play immediately. It was great. Soon as his receiver stopped moving forward, West ran up and busted his chops, pushing him back into the other guy. I think it wound up being a 2 or 3yd loss.

I think Murillo looks completely lost out there. He backs away from some hits. And he is way out of position. matter of fact i dont even know what position he was trying to play.

Overall i think the D was good but...man...need to get better Safety play.

I think you are talking about Asante, aren't you? Because he was pretty much what you described.

Just wondering why these 2 didn't start since the "Depth Chart" that was released listed them as #1. I don't even remember seeing either of them on the field or did I miss something? :dunno

As far as the game goes here is what I took away from it:

1. Glenn looked like he has been playing LB for years. Maybe the position switch should have happened sooner. <_<

2. Ganz looked really good for the first 3 quarters and then dropped a big turd in the 4th. Those two Int's were terrible, but from what he said after the game he knows that. (although he kind of threw Henry under the bus for the first one) I also noticed he may suffer from Steve Taylor syndrome when it comes to pitching during option plays.

3. Lucky was his normal do it all self. 14 touches for 78 yards 5.5 ypt and 2 TD's. As was Nate Swift. They are both so steady. :clap

4. It was nice to see the front 4 have flashes of pressure. Turner looked pretty good tonight.

6. The PK's are pretty darn solid and that is an awesome weapon to have. :horns2

7. I really liked seeing Niles Paul return punts. Like MeShawn said "Get him the damn ball." :woo

8. Bo and Watson really called a good game. :cheers Most of the mistakes are correctable and I'm sure they will be addressed. There is one thing for sure these coaches will have the players prepared and it will be up to the kids to make the plays.

All in all I thought it was a pretty solid perfromance. It was nice to see the defensive guys flying around again, instead of sitting on the back of their feet waiting for the action to come to them. :bonez This team will get better as the year goes on but we are not there YET. (notice I said yet)

It was good to see someone other than a DB lead the team in tackles...that's never a good thing.

The front four I think needs to get a lot better. With the spread offenses we're going to face, pressure with just the front four is absolutly necessary. Usually we only got pressure with the blitz

I did think Watson had a solid first outing as OC...can't complain one bit

I think Murillo looks completely lost out there. He backs away from some hits. And he is way out of position. matter of fact i dont even know what position he was trying to play.

Overall i think the D was good but...man...need to get better Safety play.

I think you are talking about Asante, aren't you? Because he was pretty much what you described.

I'm guessing he meant West since he is wearing #5 this year instead of Murillo. And with West, I would have to agree. The guy really had an opportunity at 3 INTs. First the one that bounced in front of him but he lost his footing before he could get to it, another that he flat dropped and the final one he got, but nearly dropped as well. After he finally got the INT, it looked like he got some confidence and played well after. But for over 3 quarters he was pretty bad.

West had a good play in the 3rd I believe. Tiller threw the ball outside to his receiver and West recognized right away what was happening and jammed his receiver back into the other guy and busted up the play immediately. It was great. Soon as his receiver stopped moving forward, West ran up and busted his chops, pushing him back into the other guy. I think it wound up being a 2 or 3yd loss.

Yes he did! Blew that play up! One thing I did notice was that West quit chasing a reciever down teh side line, remember? The one that Dillard caught from behind?

I also think that Asante looked lost most of the time.

Oh well, Hey at least at one point we had a team to minus yardage? When was the last time that happened? The Huskers were flying to the football! The secondary will get better!!!! :clap:clap