Murillo & Thenarse

I think Murillo looks completely lost out there. He backs away from some hits. And he is way out of position. matter of fact i dont even know what position he was trying to play.

Overall i think the D was good but...man...need to get better Safety play.

I think you are talking about Asante, aren't you? Because he was pretty much what you described.

I'm guessing he meant West since he is wearing #5 this year instead of Murillo. And with West, I would have to agree. The guy really had an opportunity at 3 INTs. First the one that bounced in front of him but he lost his footing before he could get to it, another that he flat dropped and the final one he got, but nearly dropped as well. After he finally got the INT, it looked like he got some confidence and played well after. But for over 3 quarters he was pretty bad.

Yeah, I agree with this. He blew up that one play on the quick out but the rest of the game he looked like he was playing with "last year's tempo" I think West and Asante will not like film session.

I also think the late pick my help West going forward.

I thought Amakamura (sp) was in on a lot of plays in the 2nd half and has earned more pt.

Where was Culbert?

Did Fischer or Compton play at all?

Yeah, I agree with this. He blew up that one play on the quick out but the rest of the game he looked like he was playing with "last year's tempo" I think West and Asante will not like film session.

I also think the late pick my help West going forward.

I thought Amakamura (sp) was in on a lot of plays in the 2nd half and has earned more pt.

Where was Culbert?

Did Fischer or Compton play at all?

Fischer played only on special teams and didn't register a tackle

I think Murillo looks completely lost out there. He backs away from some hits. And he is way out of position. matter of fact i dont even know what position he was trying to play.

Yes, the safety play was horrible. Larry the self proclaimed "assasin" Asante missed numerous tackles throughout the game.

7. I really liked seeing Niles Paul return punts. Like MeShawn said "Get him the damn ball." :woo

Dude has swagger... :horns2

agreed 100% on that.... he looked good returing them... def better than swift dancin around back there....

Paul was awesome returning punts and kickoffs. My only question is why the hell do we have asante back there returning kickoffs with Paul? When we have all these other fast skill players like Amukamara, Gilleyen, Brooks Jr., and Cooper. Just to name a few. Maybe he's the only one that can catch i don't know.

7. I really liked seeing Niles Paul return punts. Like MeShawn said "Get him the damn ball." :woo

agreed 100% on that.... he looked good returing them... def better than swift dancin around back there....

Paul was awesome returning punts and kickoffs. My only question is why the hell do we have asante back there returning kickoffs with Paul? When we have all these other fast skill players like Amukamara, Gilleyen, Brooks Jr., and Cooper. Just to name a few. Maybe he's the only one that can catch i don't know.

Hell...O'Hanlon was impressive running that INT back.

Hell...O'Hanlon was impressive running that INT back.

Yeah I was pretty impressed with O'Hanlon.. they guy seemed to, at least for a lot of us, come out of nowhere to win the starting spot and the way he played showed why. Gotta love a senior-walkon getting the starting spot just before gameday... and then back it up!

Back to the return game topic.. was very nice to see only one (i think!) fair catch all game.. and that was clearly necessary. I absolutely HATED the fair catch every time there's a defender within 30 yards of you philosophy.. sure it prevents injury, but what you give up in field position far outways that slim chance of a player getting hurt (which is usually just banged up for a series or two anyway)

Yeah I was pretty impressed with O'Hanlon.. they guy seemed to, at least for a lot of us, come out of nowhere to win the starting spot and the way he played showed why. Gotta love a senior-walkon getting the starting spot just before gameday... and then back it up!

Man I must have been watching a different game. I just re-watched and he had numerous plays where he totally bit on the run and the TE beat him. Not to mention how bad he looked on that trick play that the W. Michigan QB biffed. I know it was his first real action but he has a lot of work to do.

I think you are talking about Asante, aren't you? Because he was pretty much what you described.

I'm guessing he meant West since he is wearing #5 this year instead of Murillo. And with West, I would have to agree. The guy really had an opportunity at 3 INTs. First the one that bounced in front of him but he lost his footing before he could get to it, another that he flat dropped and the final one he got, but nearly dropped as well. After he finally got the INT, it looked like he got some confidence and played well after. But for over 3 quarters he was pretty bad.

You guys need to strap it on and go show the guys how to do it...

These guys have been functionally uncoached for a couple of years. Give them a few games to adjust before ripping them. They played hard, and that is a huge improvement.

You guys need to strap it on and go show the guys how to do it...

These guys have been functionally uncoached for a couple of years. Give them a few games to adjust before ripping them. They played hard, and that is a huge improvement.

yeah, seriously, i was actually really surprised at how good West looked. The big play for him was on that WR swing pass where he blew up his receiver and pushed him into the guy with the ball. I haven't seen that play played that well in YEARS.

OOPS YES...thanks for the catch.