Remmington Model 700 or Tikka T3 Lite

I'm actually thinking about getting a rifle for this upcoming rifle season here in Nebraska. I've been looking at some Tikka's at Scheels here in Sioux City and they were talking highly of their Tikka brands that are made by Beretta.

I have a few buddies who told me to go with Remmington in the 700 model. I could get a new stainless Tikka 30.06 for about $579.00 but which gun would be a better gun to get.

Which one feels best fully engaged. Weight may play a part also if you are going to be walking draws and such. I always loved my Rem. 700 BDL .280 I had but it was also left handed. Not many of those back in the day. It wasn't the lightest gun but shot well out to 500 yards with a 3x9 redfield.

Ya can't knock any rifle built by Baretta though, just never owned one. Shotguns are great.

Best thing is to check out some of the gun mags online and see if there is any reviews of the Tikka.

Good luck

GBR

ps don't buy the Ruger Target .223 way too heavy. I have one and it shoots great from a bench. :)

I have a 338 and a 22-250 in Tikka T3 Lite and a 30.06 in Remington 700.

The Tikkas are a much better gun. They are made on the same production line as the SAKO's but for 1/2 the price.

They are light, which isn't probably a big deal for flat land hunting and they are tack drivers. Also you can adjust the trigger pull.

I wont by another brand of rifle until somebody can beat the value and quality.

The only thing I don't really like on the stainless synthetic models is the stock. But it's asthetic not function.

My 30.06 is a good gun, it's a older Remington and handles the job well, it shoots well and in fact I just shot a real nice bull caribou last week, but Remington has had some quality issues over the last few years.

Get the Tikka, you won't be dissapointed. Did you compare the action between the Tikka and the Remington??

The Tikka feels like it is bedded on ball bearings.

I have a 338 and a 22-250 in Tikka T3 Lite and a 30.06 in Remington 700.

The Tikkas are a much better gun. They are made on the same production line as the SAKO's but for 1/2 the price.

They are light, which isn't probably a big deal for flat land hunting and they are tack drivers. Also you can adjust the trigger pull.

I wont by another brand of rifle until somebody can beat the value and quality.

The only thing I don't really like on the stainless synthetic models is the stock. But it's asthetic not function.

My 30.06 is a good gun, it's a older Remington and handles the job well, it shoots well and in fact I just shot a real nice bull caribou last week, but Remington has had some quality issues over the last few years.

Get the Tikka, you won't be dissapointed. Did you compare the action between the Tikka and the Remington??

The Tikka feels like it is bedded on ball bearings.

I'm actually leaning toward the Tikka because it's really lightweight and the price isn't so bad. I will agree with you that the action felt like it was being guided on ball bearings. I need it by November cause I have to shoot 3 deer this year :lol:

I just bought a new weatherby .300 short mag last season. My other option was a Tikka .300 short mag. My deciding factor is that the stocks of the Tikka line are very light. Your body will take a lot more shock from the recoil with the Tikka compared to almost every brand. I loved my .300 wsm last season, its a lot of gun, but verstile for all big game.

I just bought a new weatherby .300 short mag last season. My other option was a Tikka .300 short mag. My deciding factor is that the stocks of the Tikka line are very light. Your body will take a lot more shock from the recoil with the Tikka compared to almost every brand. I loved my .300 wsm last season, its a lot of gun, but verstile for all big game.

Thanks for the info. I think that I'll probably go with the Tikka with a Nikkon scope and get it next Friday. If anything I could always change the pad on the stock later if it's bugging me at all.