CFN Prediction

I dont think the pass defense will be as bad this week. Like Pelini said, there were a lot of communication errors and just very correctable mistakes. I can see why the prediction is so, but i don't put much stock into predictions, college football is very hard to predict. I feel that our D line is going to have a field day and that will lead to a lot of turn overs. I think that nebraska runs away with the game easily. :w00t

Not disagreeing with the post about UC Davis not being NU but I did learn today, from an interview on a radio show this morning with SJS coach Dick Tomey, that UC Davis has recently moved up to DI and had not or only had 1 losing season in the last 39 years. I too think the game will be a blowout, but maybe UC Davis was a better team than I assumed they were. I still think a shut out is definate possibility and NU putting up 60+ points isn't out of the question. GBR!

My posts are not making it out to be "bad" as you define it, which seems to be mistakes that are unable to be fixed. In fact, I think the majority of the board is generally positive about the defense. However, they did not play well against the pass. That statement does not mean they're bad, the mistakes can't be fixed, or anything like that.

I don't think you or anyone else is bad mouthing the team, I think it's just being honest, the secondary did look bad at times - no question about it. So did the O line. In fact the offense not being able to impose its will on the WMU defensive line and run it down their throats worries me alot more than the mental errors we saw in the secondary. But, it was the first game, we'll see how the staff reacted this week come Saturday.

I don't think the O-line is anything to worry about. They didn't play spot on, but they did fine. The problem was WMU consistently stacked 8-9 players in the box to stop the run. That's why you saw us pass so much...essentially they sold out to stop the run, so we just tossed the ball over them. Now, back in the good ol' days, we probably could have run down their throats even with 8-9 guys up there all the time. But this team isn't, and probably won't ever be, built for that kind of running game. If a team is willing to sell out to stop the run, we will have some troubles running against them...but we'll have no problems passing on them. It did look unbalanced, but really we just took what WMU gave us.

I don't think the O-line is anything to worry about. They didn't play spot on, but they did fine. The problem was WMU consistently stacked 8-9 players in the box to stop the run. That's why you saw us pass so much...essentially they sold out to stop the run, so we just tossed the ball over them. Now, back in the good ol' days, we probably could have run down their throats even with 8-9 guys up there all the time. But this team isn't, and probably won't ever be, built for that kind of running game. If a team is willing to sell out to stop the run, we will have some troubles running against them...but we'll have no problems passing on them. It did look unbalanced, but really we just took what WMU gave us.

I thought we were supposed to take what we wanted?

I don't think the O-line is anything to worry about. They didn't play spot on, but they did fine. The problem was WMU consistently stacked 8-9 players in the box to stop the run. That's why you saw us pass so much...essentially they sold out to stop the run, so we just tossed the ball over them.

lol, is that what we did too then? Because we only had 3 more passing yards than they did.

You're probably right about the O line, one game in is too early to panic over the either the O line or the secondary - unless of course you live in Ann Arbor, then one game into the season is a perfect time to panic - but I will be looking for better come Saturday, maybe not perfection - but improvement.

Not too bad for a prediction, as predictions go. I would say that I would have to agree pretty much with this one, except I think we will score at least 40 pts.....but then my prediction is like everyone elses...

Predictions are like a##holes, everyone seems to have one.