Big XII North Finish in 05

hoyamannn

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:flush  And you have one.  Is it up there with your head?  Funny smell I guess.

Apparently, I am the only one who does have a clue. I was the one who correctly predicted the possibility of a sub .500 year in 04, as was I the one who said after the Tech game (which was cally and coz's had their most memorable moment in '04) that NU would not make a bowl game for the first time in like 35 years.

All the while the pud/cally backers were getting their kool-aid recipies from the sports info office and were predicting a BCS game for '04, and a meteoric rise to NC contention within a couple of years. (Unfortunately, I did not find this board earlier last year, and those comments were made on the OWHs board).

Mark my words, this staff will never, ever, ever, EVER win a Big 12 Championship or play in a BCS game, and the only time they will win the North will be in a year such as last year, when there are no good teams in it whatsoever. I dont care how good they recruit, they just cant coach, period. They have proven this time and time again with long histories of luke-warm successes, mediocre performances, and all-out failure.

Watch for this, with a few better players in this class, there will be a little more speed, a little more athleticism, but the same old mistakes-turnovers, mis-reads and poor execution on offense, piss-poor play calling, players out of position, horrific defensive schemes, and non-existent special teams. Also, more finger pointing and placing the blame on everyone else, and more player malcontent will be witnessed.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that is what will happen. pud will give cally and co. every opportunity to succeed because this is his monster, and when cally fails and has to be fired, pud will have to go, also. Another prediction: the first year that cally gets lucky enough to post a 8-4 season, pud will say that the Huskers are back, say that his personal debacle (the Solich/callahan disaster) is a huge success, and we will be forced to endure many more mediocre to poor years in the sport of football. You can set your watch by that.

Oh well, at least its baseball season, and mushrooming, spring turkey season, and fishing will be able to take the sting out of dark days of NU football, ie the callahan years.

PS put down the :smokin, that smell is called reality and is brought on by fresh air. Try it, you'll like it :thumbs!

Apparently, I am the only one who does have a clue. I was the one who correctly predicted the possibility of a sub .500 year in 04, as was I the one who said after the Tech game (which was cally and coz's had their most memorable moment in '04) that NU would not make a bowl game for the first time in like 35 years.

All the while the pud/cally backers were getting their kool-aid recipies from the sports info office and were predicting a BCS game for '04, and a meteoric rise to NC contention within a couple of years. (Unfortunately, I did not find this board earlier last year, and those comments were made on the OWHs board).

Who were you during the season? I see you joined in December. So if you were throwing predictions around about what was going to happen during the season you changed your user name.

Pass the kool-aid please. :thumbs

FF,

I predicted that 2004 would not be a good year. I predicted the Texas Tech massacre to be 70 to nothing, you can verify it on BHF or by Pillen I would guess.

I am based in reality. We did not have a quarterback. Period, when Adams went down last year our season was over.

We had many attitude problems. Some of those have been corrected.

We had a previous coach that was causing moral problems. That will be corrected.

This staff has a learning curve. They have a tremendous amount of talent and have been successfull at the Pro level.

Most endorse Carrol, Saben, Fridgen. None were anywhere near as successfull in the pros as Callahan.

They inherrited a team with local talent, no speed, no size and very little confidence. A talent base that had been on decline since 1998. We could not compete with top level teams. We were not a top 15 school.

This coaching staff is light years ahead of what left. And that includes Pelini.

Mark my words, this staff will never, ever, ever, EVER win a Big 12 Championship or play in a BCS game, and the only time they will win the North will be in a year such as last year, when there are no good teams in it whatsoever. I dont care how good they recruit, they just cant coach, period. They have proven this time and time again with long histories of luke-warm successes, mediocre performances, and all-out failure.

Watch for this, with a few better players in this class, there will be a little more speed, a little more athleticism, but the same old mistakes-turnovers, mis-reads and poor execution on offense, piss-poor play calling, players out of position, horrific defensive schemes, and non-existent special teams. Also, more finger pointing and placing the blame on everyone else, and more player malcontent will be witnessed.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that is what will happen. pud will give cally and co. every opportunity to succeed because this is his monster, and when cally fails and has to be fired, pud will have to go, also. Another prediction: the first year that cally gets lucky enough to post a 8-4 season, pud will say that the Huskers are back, say that his personal debacle (the Solich/callahan disaster) is a huge success, and we will be forced to endure many more mediocre to poor years in the sport of football. You can set your watch by that.

Oh well, at least its baseball season, and mushrooming, spring turkey season, and fishing will be able to take the sting out of dark days of NU football, ie the callahan years.

PS put down the :smokin, that smell is called reality and is brought on by fresh air. Try it, you'll like it :thumbs!

Actually, I think Callahan had more success as a HC than both TO and Frank when they were appointed HC. Neither of them coached a team to a Super Bowl.

NU was 114th in the Nation last year in turnovers, with 33. That's not the coaches fault.

This quote from 'Big Craig' sums it up best:

- "It's an honor to be a Husker and to finally be a part of the Husker Nation. I plan on being one of those players that is proud of more of what's on the front of your jersey than on the back. I hope they're ready for a turnaround very quick because I know the players and recruits are. It's a blessing ot be able to play for the Nebraska Cornhuskers."

I think optimism from players and recruits is a bit stronger than any negative bitching and whining from some disgruntled bitches who can't support the direction the program is headed.

Wow, wonder who voted for lower than third. If you did predict this, why not provide a link to it that can prove its dating? Saying it like this is about as ridiculous as me saying that I invented the question mark.

All the while the pud/cally backers were getting their kool-aid recipies from the sports info office and were predicting a BCS game for '04, and a meteoric rise to NC contention within a couple of years.

So we should drink your Kool-Aid instead? "You're mindless if you don't believe what I do." Ridiculous.

Ok, I will mark your words. It is hereby noted that you know nothing about the current coaching staff.

Who were you during the season? I see you joined in December. So if you were throwing predictions around about what was going to happen during the season you changed your user name.

Pass the kool-aid please. :thumbs

Notice the quote: "(Unfortunately, I did not find this board earlier last year, and those comments were made on the OWHs board)."

PS put down the  :smokin, that smell is called  reality and is brought on by fresh air. Try it, you'll like it :thumbs!

Actually, I think Callahan had more success as a HC than both TO and Frank when they were appointed HC. Neither of them coached a team to a Super Bowl.

NU was 114th in the Nation last year in turnovers, with 33. That's not the coaches fault.

This quote from 'Big Craig' sums it up best:

- "It's an honor to be a Husker and to finally be a part of the Husker Nation. I plan on being one of those players that is proud of more of what's on the front of your jersey than on the back. I hope they're ready for a turnaround very quick because I know the players and recruits are. It's a blessing ot be able to play for the Nebraska Cornhuskers."

I think optimism from players and recruits is a bit stronger than any negative bitching and whining from some disgruntled bitches who can't support the direction the program is headed.

callahan had more success, what, the guy has won like 48% of his games, while FS at least won 75% of his and TO over 80%. Besides, gravy-training and taking another mans team to the SB is not considered success.

The reason NU was 114th in TO's was due directly to the Worst Coast Offense and the inability of this staff to teach the players. NU has never, ever, ever performed that poorly in my lifetime.

BAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I guess that if you enjoy being one of the sheep, then you can enjoy the direction of the program. I dont enjoy seeing the program, its traditions, and everything it stands for being destroyed. Those are not MY Huskers. If you want to watch the entire thing implode, have at it, but I wont stand by and let cally and co destroy everything NU was about just so he can try to prove that he is a good coach and that HIS system works.

1. Wow, wonder who voted for lower than third. If you did predict this, why not provide a link to it that can prove its dating? Saying it like this is about as ridiculous as me saying that I invented the question mark.

All the while the pud/cally backers were getting their kool-aid recipies from the sports info office and were predicting a BCS game for '04, and a meteoric rise to NC contention within a couple of years.

2. So we should drink your Kool-Aid instead? "You're mindless if you don't believe what I do." Ridiculous.

3. Ok, I will mark your words. It is hereby noted that you know nothing about the current coaching staff.

1. Again, you are wrong, at least that hasnt changed. Apparently, Im not the only one who can see reality.

2. Thats pretty much what you and your ilk say, isnt it?

3. No, it seems that I am the only one who has actually researched these guys and found out how terrible they really have been. I dont just walk in step behind them because pud tells me to do so.

I was the one who voted for lower than third because I think we'll finish 4th. Actually, I see us finishing anywhere from 3rd to 5th because of how crappy the north is, so I chose right in the middle at 4th. I think Colorado and Missouri will most definitely finish ahead of us and Kansas, Iowa State and Kansas State all have a shot with one of them surely finishing ahead of us.

Biggest obstacles to north championship are the road games at MU & CU (Obviously). Both have senior QB's and CU has a load of people returning as they played mostly underclassmen last year, and I expect Brad Smith to recover from his funk of last year and a revamped offense for MU. Hard to believe that CU has won the north 3 of the last 4 years. Man we owe those guys bigtime.

I think Callahan and company have learned some valuable lessons from 2004 and the talent has been upgraded significantly with the jucos and redshirt frosh coming up. QB ( again obviouly ) is the key. If we can get a 60+% completion rate with an expected good running game and cut the turnovers in half, I think we win the north. Anyhow, it should be very interesting to watch it unfold. :thumbs