Still not concerned about the running game?

huzkerbob

yes, we have problems on the O line......hell, even Ganz was sacked, what 2 or 3 times? and they weren't coverage sacks either.....the line has much work to do, i don't want to hear that crap that they are pass blockers, because they demonstrated little of that today either.

we need to recruit hard for future linemen, as always the strength of any O or D is the ability of the guys up front, it all starts with them.

having said that, all the defensive strategy will be to shut down our run game and with a tough defensive secondary, which we will face, our offense will be severly limited......going to be a tough season boys.

I'd love to hear feedback....

does marlon lucky score, if he's in the game for that situation, on Roy Helu's 14 (?) yard run?

my answer is NO WAY, marlon only takes what the defense gives him, if the lines giving him 2-3 yards, that's what he's going to get, nothing else.

Helu made that play all by himself, along with another run that went for a first down earlier in the 2nd half when the line got blown up.

does marlon lucky score, if he's in the game for that situation, on Roy Helu's 14 (?) yard run?

my answer is NO WAY, marlon only takes what the defense gives him, if the lines giving him 2-3 yards, that's what he's going to get, nothing else.

Helu made that play all by himself, along with another run that went for a first down earlier in the 2nd half when the line got blown up.

No, Lucky probably doesn't score on that play.

That's a big NO!!!

That's a big NO!!!

Well, we dont' know, would we?

Marlon Lucky scored on a very nice 14-yard run last week. Everyone is knocking him for dancing around in the backfield. But isn't that partly what a back is supposed to do - be patient and let the holes develop?

We struggle and suddenly everyone is clamoring for the entire 2nd team. Is Helu as consistent a pass blocker as Lucky? Does he have good hands, or will everyone soon realize all he does is run? Does he have the top-end speed to be a gamebreaker when he gets the chance?

What about...

-Murtha still being out...

-Burkes' first game back...

Are these enough to hinder the development of chemistry?

For the time being, I think so. If we still see this when the line gets healthy after another few games, then we have real issues.

The jury is still out until probably Mizzou.

At this point, it's obvious we're not as deep on the OL like we used to be during the 90s.