Still not concerned about the running game?

huzkerbob

I'd love to hear feedback....

does marlon lucky score, if he's in the game for that situation, on Roy Helu's 14 (?) yard run?

my answer is NO WAY, marlon only takes what the defense gives him, if the lines giving him 2-3 yards, that's what he's going to get, nothing else.

Helu made that play all by himself, along with another run that went for a first down earlier in the 2nd half when the line got blown up.

That's a big NO!!!

Well, we dont' know, would we?

Marlon Lucky scored on a very nice 14-yard run last week. Everyone is knocking him for dancing around in the backfield. But isn't that partly what a back is supposed to do - be patient and let the holes develop?

We struggle and suddenly everyone is clamoring for the entire 2nd team. Is Helu as consistent a pass blocker as Lucky? Does he have good hands, or will everyone soon realize all he does is run? Does he have the top-end speed to be a gamebreaker when he gets the chance?

I don't think Lucky is the best pure runner we've got. I don't think he ever was, actually. However, he's a very good complete back. I still think he's got the edge on Helu and Castille there.

does marlon lucky score, if he's in the game for that situation, on Roy Helu's 14 (?) yard run?

my answer is NO WAY, marlon only takes what the defense gives him, if the lines giving him 2-3 yards, that's what he's going to get, nothing else.

Helu made that play all by himself, along with another run that went for a first down earlier in the 2nd half when the line got blown up.

That's a big NO!!!

Marlon Lucky scored on a very nice 14-yard run last week. Everyone is knocking him for dancing around in the backfield. But isn't that partly what a back is supposed to do - be patient and let the holes develop?

We struggle and suddenly everyone is clamoring for the entire 2nd team. Is Helu as consistent a pass blocker as Lucky? Does he have good hands, or will everyone soon realize all he does is run? Does he have the top-end speed to be a gamebreaker when he gets the chance?

Both Lucky and Helu are good backs. Yes Lucky does sometimes dance around in the backfield, but a good back must also have patience and let the O-line create holes. Helu and Lucky are good, we are lucky to have two co-1st string backs. Castille on the other hand, makes his own holes. :)

GO BIG RED

That's a big NO!!!

1.) No, we don't know about his pass blocking

2.) Marlon isn't being used AT ALL in the passing game thus far, so this question really makes no point, if they're not using Marlon in the passing game like they did last year.

3.) Yes, Helu seems to be just as fast, probably faster in the open field than Marlon.

That's a big NO!!!

1.) No, we don't know about his pass blocking

2.) Marlon isn't being used AT ALL in the passing game thus far, so this question really makes no point, if they're not using Marlon in the passing game like they did last year.

3.) Yes, Helu seems to be just as fast, probably faster in the open field than Marlon.

Yeah I'm kind of disappointed right now about the passing game or lack there of, involving the I-back, especially Lucky. :dunno

That's a big NO!!!

I don't think Lucky is the best pure runner we've got. I don't think he ever was, actually. However, he's a very good complete back. I still think he's got the edge on Helu and Castille there.

disagree, he spends too much time looking for a whole a VW could go through, he should be looking for seams and hit them and break a tackle to make the hole develop...we don't see that very much, just see him getting tackled in the backfield while waiting on that hole to develop......it is his vision or his style, not sure which, that is not allowing him to be the best he can be..........

You're only addressing one portion of what a complete back is. He is a good blocker, runs good routes (when they let him), has good hands, and does very well in the open field. What you're addressing is what is holding him back from being our best pure running back...he doesn't hit the holes quite fast enough sometimes (sometimes he does, though). So he's not our best pure runner, but he's our best complete back.

You're only addressing one portion of what a complete back is. He is a good blocker, runs good routes (when they let him), has good hands, and does very well in the open field. What you're addressing is what is holding him back from being our best pure running back...he doesn't hit the holes quite fast enough sometimes (sometimes he does, though). So he's not our best pure runner, but he's our best complete back.

he should be, he has had 4 years to get there......all round, yes he can do it all, just not all of it at a high level. he would not start at OU or MU either one, probably a back up though.

I thought the O-line and running game were being hyped as a main strength of the team and Lucky the best back in the conf.? So it's safe to say they are 'underperforming'-Castille especially. This team shouldn't be 'sleepwalking' at all, they should be HUNGRY with a chip on their shoulders. K, so they've got a few decent wins, but we won't know much 'til after the MO game. Right now I'm WORRIED...! :wacko:

I don't get all the dumping on Lucky. Is he the best pure runner? No. Is he the best all around RB? Yes. I always wondered why BJ didn't play more when Porkchop was around. Watch a passing play, and it was easy to understand. Lucky may not be our best runner, but he gives our offense the best chance to move the ball by keeping the heat off Ganz during a pass, rolling out into the flats, and the threat of him getting into open space with the ball.

Were lots of people touting our rush blocking in the off-season? If they were I wasn't paying attention and I think they were sadly mistaken, I would have said that from the beginning that they were recruited/trained for pass blocking because of the WCO.

Yeah. I don't think you were paying attention.

There was a lot of talk about this line being one of the best lines we've had over the past 5-7 years. Pass or run. A lot of talk that they were fast, strong and smart. Averaging just over 100 yards in the first two games against 2 mediocre at best teams is not acceptable. No way you can argue that.