OMG

SkerMin8r

This is just like last year...remember Ball St.??? Huh...do ya'? Oh crap...I can't believe this is gonna' happen again. Think we should get a new coach??? No prolly to soon for that....or maybe we just sit all the Juniors and Seniors and play the Frosh and Sophs...you know??? ...this season is obviously over ...so lets start playing for next year ...don't ya' think???

sheesh!!! <_<

Bo isn't on the offensive side of things...Shawn Watson definitely has his hands full with this inept run-blocking line...they look ok on the pass-blocking, but then go Rainman when a run play is called. Lucky might as well sit the bench whenever a straight run play is called...he really is irrelevant on any run play that doesn't have him as a pass option.

:rant

Of course I'm being sarcastic...

However...there seems to be a prevailing sentiment on the board tonight that everything is going to hell in a handbasket.

I don't know if anyone noticed...but every time the offense seemed to get something going...they ended up shooting themselves in the foot with STOOPID penalties. Yes...that shows a lack of discipline. No...it cannot...and I'll wager will NOT be tolerated.

I for one would HATE to be a player on the Husker practice field come Monday. I'm bettin' they gonna' have some conversations about penalties.

RELAX!!!! All of you. Seems that a lot of you were EXPECTING us to beat Missouri!!!

Of course I'm being sarcastic...

However...there seems to be a prevailing sentiment on the board tonight that everything is going to hell in a handbasket.

I don't know if anyone noticed...but every time the offense seemed to get something going...they ended up shooting themselves in the foot with STOOPID penalties. Yes...that shows a lack of discipline. No...it cannot...and I'll wager will NOT be tolerated.

I for one would HATE to be a player on the Husker practice field come Monday. I'm bettin' they gonna' have some conversations about penalties.

RELAX!!!! All of you. Seems that a lot of you were EXPECTING us to beat Missouri!!!

As long as they work hard and look like they are correcting problems and playing hard, that's all I can ask. And I like your signature, SkerMin8er...that damn beer found me a few times today. ;)

I don't think there are many alarms that need sounded except for one. The running game is such a massive concern that I don't think people realize what a disaster this could be. If we can't run the ball, listen to me carefully, this...season...is...over...

It is NEVER going to get easier to run the ball than our first three games. EVER. Should Bo be fired? Hell no. Should anyone even bring it up? Hell no. But let's be realistic. Our O-line can't dominate cupcakes in the run game. If they can't dominate cupcakes, what do you expect they'll do against OU?

It's too early to all-out panic. It's only the second game, we had a lot of stupid penalties. Maybe this ship will be righted. But this is week 2 with Mr. Run Game staying indoors and watching TV. It doesn't comfort me at all.

I don't think there are many alarms that need sounded except for one. The running game is such a massive concern that I don't think people realize what a disaster this could be. If we can't run the ball, listen to me carefully, this...season...is...over...

It is NEVER going to get easier to run the ball than our first three games. EVER. Should Bo be fired? Hell no. Should anyone even bring it up? Hell no. But let's be realistic. Our O-line can't dominate cupcakes in the run game. If they can't dominate cupcakes, what do you expect they'll do against OU?

It's too early to all-out panic. It's only the second game, we had a lot of stupid penalties. Maybe this ship will be righted. But this is week 2 with Mr. Run Game staying indoors and watching TV. It doesn't comfort me at all.

i didn't watch this week...are we running the zone blocking scheme like we did with callahan? i know we were bad last year at running but we were good at it in 06. how can we be so bad at it? i just don't understand.

I think there are more alarms than that, Husker_x. I'm not entirely sold on Ganz yet...great QB personality, but it seems he can be streaky. It's a little more acceptable, not putting up a running game, if we can spread the field and just fire away. But it doesn't really look like we can do that.

I agree, though, this is ominous for our rushing attack. We're going to be looking at a lot of trouble this year when our offense is not going to be able to get anything going.

But all that, IMO, pales in comparison to what some teams are going to do to our defense. We aren't playing the pass well; heck, we didn't even play the run well this game.

I think this team will be able to gut out tough, defensive matchups (sort of like what today was for three quarters). But for some of the teams we'll be facing, this kind of play won't result in a tough, defensive game; it'll result in getting blown out of the water.

In the end, it's all about execution. Team needs to execute better, cut down on the penalties (good gosh)...oh, and maybe find a few other safeties.

i didn't watch this week...are we running the zone blocking scheme like we did with callahan? i know we were bad last year at running but we were good at it in 06. how can we be so bad at it? i just don't understand.

That's a good question. ARE we running ZBS?

The jury is very much out on Barney Cotton.

That's a good question. ARE we running ZBS?

The jury is very much out on Barney Cotton.

Don't forget...TO and Milt used zone blocking schemes...so I don't buy the zone blocking cop out. The Broncos used to be the baddest a$$ running team running ZB...nah...I don't buy that...it's not scheme...it's personnel...

Helu is the obvious choice... Lucky makes a good changes of pace/3rd down back...but he goes down at the first sign of a stiff breeze...