OMG

SkerMin8r

:rant

Of course I'm being sarcastic...

However...there seems to be a prevailing sentiment on the board tonight that everything is going to hell in a handbasket.

I don't know if anyone noticed...but every time the offense seemed to get something going...they ended up shooting themselves in the foot with STOOPID penalties. Yes...that shows a lack of discipline. No...it cannot...and I'll wager will NOT be tolerated.

I for one would HATE to be a player on the Husker practice field come Monday. I'm bettin' they gonna' have some conversations about penalties.

RELAX!!!! All of you. Seems that a lot of you were EXPECTING us to beat Missouri!!!

Totally agree with yea, will be alright. Pelini is not BC and he will not tolerate this BS.

Just compare his PC quotes to BC's. Things are going to be different, it will just take some time.

Remember, I have said it before, we changed coaches, not players. There is going to be some growing pains for awhile.

I don't think there are many alarms that need sounded except for one. The running game is such a massive concern that I don't think people realize what a disaster this could be. If we can't run the ball, listen to me carefully, this...season...is...over...

It is NEVER going to get easier to run the ball than our first three games. EVER. Should Bo be fired? Hell no. Should anyone even bring it up? Hell no. But let's be realistic. Our O-line can't dominate cupcakes in the run game. If they can't dominate cupcakes, what do you expect they'll do against OU?

It's too early to all-out panic. It's only the second game, we had a lot of stupid penalties. Maybe this ship will be righted. But this is week 2 with Mr. Run Game staying indoors and watching TV. It doesn't comfort me at all.

i didn't watch this week...are we running the zone blocking scheme like we did with callahan? i know we were bad last year at running but we were good at it in 06. how can we be so bad at it? i just don't understand.

That's a good question. ARE we running ZBS?

The jury is very much out on Barney Cotton.

Don't forget...TO and Milt used zone blocking schemes...so I don't buy the zone blocking cop out. The Broncos used to be the baddest a$$ running team running ZB...nah...I don't buy that...it's not scheme...it's personnel...

Helu is the obvious choice... Lucky makes a good changes of pace/3rd down back...but he goes down at the first sign of a stiff breeze...

here's the thing though...the huskers run zone read out of shotgun, obviously, and these have been most of our better plays. i think if they can get lucky and helu hitting holes and cutting back going along with the resurgence of physical o-line play and pancake blocking, the sky is the limit.

I think we just need to all calm down. We have to face the fact that we still have the guys that calahan brought to us. Yes most of them are good but they have been coached by calahan for the whole time they were there. Once bo gets to recruit his own guys we will be better. Its his first year. Nothing great happens in one year of change.

However...there seems to be a prevailing sentiment on the board tonight that everything is going to hell in a handbasket.

I don't know if anyone noticed...but every time the offense seemed to get something going...they ended up shooting themselves in the foot with STOOPID penalties. Yes...that shows a lack of discipline. No...it cannot...and I'll wager will NOT be tolerated.

I for one would HATE to be a player on the Husker practice field come Monday. I'm bettin' they gonna' have some conversations about penalties.

RELAX!!!! All of you. Seems that a lot of you were EXPECTING us to beat Missouri!!!

I don't think they are going to hell in a hand basket, but I do see that they need to jack up the intensity level. I would rather see them make a lot of mistakes (except for the penalties...those were stupid) as long as they are going 110%.

I think Bo will light a fire under their butts, if they didn't already come to the realization that they aren't that good yet, and they are going to have to do more than just show up. I felt like that was the attitude not only the players had, but even the fans. Talk about quiet!! I thought I had time warped back to last year...waiting for everyone to start filing out after the 3d Qtr.

I don't know that we can beat Missouri, but it sure would be fun to be competitive with them. I do, however, want to stomp CU and KU this year...I would even give up a loss to ISU to get those....

Shouldn't be he has proven through the years to be average at best. In 03 the line was average to below average. Do I need to mention ISU? I'm not saying he should get the boot, I'm saying he shouldn't have gotten the job in the first place. Just because he is a NU guy doesn't make him a good coach. I very much questioned when Frankie brought him in and I really questioned when Bo brought him along as well.

This is just like last year...remember Ball St.??? Huh...do ya'? Oh crap...I can't believe this is gonna' happen again. Think we should get a new coach??? No prolly to soon for that....or maybe we just sit all the Juniors and Seniors and play the Frosh and Sophs...you know??? ...this season is obviously over ...so lets start playing for next year ...don't ya' think???

sheesh!!! <_<

panic.gif

I agree with ya. During spring and fall camps, a lot of folks accepted the fact we weren't going to be a MNC caliber type team. We all knew we were going to make mistakes and we would get tripped up during the season. Well....have a nice trip, see you next fall. All of this is to be expected when you have a big coaching change. This is also why I've remained cautiously optimistic about our season.

I'm not worried at all. I look at all the other schools around the country that have new coaches and they are struggling a bit. We won, I saw improvement on the defense so it's a step.

Are we going to the national championship this year, not a chance, but I still think we can win 7.

ND looked like sh#t too......Charlie Weiss still had that dumbass, confused look on his face. They will be lucky to play .500 ball this year too.

Shouldn't be he has proven through the years to be average at best. In 03 the line was average to below average. Do I need to mention ISU? I'm not saying he should get the boot, I'm saying he shouldn't have gotten the job in the first place. Just because he is a NU guy doesn't make him a good coach. I very much questioned when Frankie brought him in and I really questioned when Bo brought him along as well.

honestly, he was probably all we could get.

Well, OK. The jury is out optimistically for Barney Cotton. I didn't really like the idea of bringing him back, but hey, maybe he's a better O-line coach than OC. I do think we coulda done better though. By saying the jury is out, I meant, "he hasn't shown us he's good yet" rather than "he hasn't shown us he's bad yet."

I think we just need to all calm down. We have to face the fact that we still have the guys that calahan brought to us. Yes most of them are good but they have been coached by calahan for the whole time they were there. Once bo gets to recruit his own guys we will be better. Its his first year. Nothing great happens in one year of change.

Ummm.... no.

That excuse was the identical one used for the last four years. Just replace Callahan with Solich. I'm tired of that one.

:shrug: I like the ZBS. I remember reading an article where Barney and/or Watson were talking about it...don't remember if it indicated they were still going with it or changing things.

Zone blocking has absolutely nothing to do with our troubles!!! Find any old O-lineman and he will tell you there isn't a big difference in the two other than assignments. Or issue is an inability to get through a defender and get to the next level. Add that to a RB that thinks he's Barry sanders in the backfield, and forgets to run FORWARD!!!!!! And you have yourself a problem with personel, NOT scheme!