Running game and Coaching Problems

Apathy

I had posted this on another post and thought that I would post it here on a new Thread. Some of you Husker fans really need to calm down. We've only played two games and our players are still adjusting to the new Coaches. We are 2-0 and there are some schools that were in the Top 25 that lost to schools that weren't even ranked. So I start here with my rant:

:rant

Geez would you just lay off the Cotton subject...........we've only PLAYED TWO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is Bo's first year at Head Coach and he brought in Cotton get over it. We're 2-0 and we should be 3-0 come this Saturday and then a week off before the Virginia Tech game. Have some of you thought about Cotton using different techniques on how to block and different footwork and all of that crap. Yes the game on Saturday was scary but we WON and that's all that counts.

We still have almost a whole season to improve and stuff, some of you are acting like this is Bo's 5th, 6th, or even 7th season as Head Coach. Some of you are acting like during the offseason that we were promised to win a National Championship. We all knew that we were going to have some problems mainly our Defense but our Offense hasn't been clicking and thats probably because we are teaching them a totally new technique.

"OMG we barely beat San Jose St. or Our running game is terrible and FIRE COTTON AND BO".....really people calm down and just be happy that we are 2-0. Hell Callahan started his first two games here at 1-1 with a loss to Southern Mississippi at HOME....C'mon Southern Mississippi. I would rather have a sloppy win over San Jose St. than to lose our second home game.

Sometimes it's not always the Coaches fault but sometimes the players fault too. Some players have some mental hangovers that get in the way or they're trying to do too much or think to much. When I referee football games there's times were I think to much and then I'd get lost on what is going on out there. There is still plenty of Football to be played and we still have a couple of weeks until the Virginia Tech and Mizzou games. :rant

I'm sorry for that rant but some of you just need to relax and let the players adjust to the new coaches and lets root on our beloved Huskers for this weekend and so on :bonez:cheers

I'm sorry for that rant but some of you just need to relax and let the players adjust to the new coaches and lets root on our beloved Huskers for this weekend and so on :bonez:cheers

:clap:clap:clap

Thank you I just don't get with all of the Husker fans complaining about our coaches and stuff. Nebraska fans got a bad rep from last year because of some fans talking crap about the players and then giving crap to the coaches kids and some of you seem like you never learned from it and want to continue on with it.......I don't get it. :dunno

Thank you I just don't get with all of the Husker fans complaining about our coaches and stuff. Nebraska fans got a bad rep from last year because of some fans talking crap about the players and then giving crap to the coaches kids and some of you seem like you never learned from it and want to continue on with it.......I don't get it. :dunno

I agree with ya huskerjock. Everyone agreed and accepted the fact this team might struggle with the coaching change and changes in scheme's, etc but now that the team is actually struggling at times, people are freaking out. I think the red kool-aid some folks were drinking prior to the season was spiked

I agree with everything you said. Some of these people are the reason I dont watch Husker football in public places. People just don't understand that we won't be perfect right out of the gate. I love my Huskers but hell I can understand why a lot of people hate Nebraska because of their fans, as some fans are idiots.

Some fans are beyond idiots. While I admit that I was about to throw my beer at the tv when we couldn't tackle the opposing team's runningbacks and wide receivers, I still know that we are a work in progress. We can't be the dynamite defense that we all want right away.

So Thanks Huskerjock for putting things in perspective for those people that have none.

quite honestly I think San Josie is better than people think with Kyle Reed under center ... another thing is for the the first three quarters of that game last saturday , everything went wrong from penalties to missed tackles causing injuries to the refs totally blowing calls to the $hitty-A$$ paper-view camera crew to Ganz missing wide open receivers .... BUT the team kept fighting and plugging away just erupted and put that game away... so if you think about with maybe half the penalties, no crappy calls, a little better execution, and another big play here or there Nebraska could have blown them out by 35 or 40 points and we'd all be praising the team instead of doubting them <_<

i am not sure how much Cotton has changed things, but Watson should not be hard to understand nor any of his play calling......i think we all felt with the holding over of Watson, the O would be a lot more polished than than have shown up to this point........this is game 3, the O line better show some kind of consistency this week, at least against a 3-3-5 unorthodox D, they should be able to run the ball, if not against these guys, they might as well hang it up!

and that is all i have to say about that!

Ooo-k, yeah it's only 2 games in w new coaches, but I think concerns about the O-line and running attk. are valid: they should have pushed wmu and sjsu up and down the field for 4 qtrs, IMO.

It's a veteran 1st string line, lucky is supposed 2 be having a statement yr.

'New techniques'? Yeah, k, but how many ways are there 2 shuffle your feet, tuck or extend arms, and block a dude? Watson's scheme is about the same as Calli's. How long have these guys been playing fb?

As 4 Barney...2 b cont...

-cont-...as 4 Barney, somebody must like him since they keep bringing him back--1st from nmsu, right, then isu...woohoo! Bo must like him and I trust Bo so i'll stick w that 4 now.

Bottom line: i just don't think we have stellar ath.s on the O-line or backfield, though i think Q could be a great one, prolly w a better line...

So sorry folks, i'm worried about our rushing attk. :blink:

I'm curious, what SPECIFICALLY are these 'bad habits' that the O-line is trying to 'shake'? It implies that Cali and Wagner were just idiots intentionally teaching poor tech. I don't buy that.

Plz, some expert out there, i really want to know... :dunno