Running game and Coaching Problems

Apathy

Yes, we were told this was the strength of the team. But come on guys. Dont tell me everyone was falling for that? I've said before and a few others were in agreement that

a.) this is an OL that has been together awhile

b.) they know the offense

c.) lots of game time experience

d.) depth

But that does not necessarily mean they are the strength of the team. A lot of these beat writers interpreted it that way or bought into that idea which was bogus and made a lot people believe it.

What exactly did everyone see in the last several years that made this O-Line so great? When where they consistently physical and tough? I never saw it. If they could pass, they couldnt run, and vice-versa. Taylor got murdered on dropbacks. So did Keller. And the running game peaked well against ISU and non-top 25 teams. And that's pretty much it.

With that said, I'm not going to blast the line for being subpar in the run game so far. They do have to get better. Quite a bit. But I still think it's only two games into it. By week 4, if these guys cant move the chains on the ground then I'll be more than happy to flame 'em.

Watson and Pelini did say they wanted to run the ball more and be more physical. I think it only took a few series to see it wasnt going to happen so quickly like they thought.

It's not hopeless. These dudes can get better. They do have talent. They just need to man up and get it done and do a better job. It'll happen.