I think we're in Beamer's head!!!

IceMan

Beamer is disingenuous and simply getting into the Husker heads (or trying to) by softening (or trying to soften them up). He is trying to get NU overconfident by flattery. And he is trying to incite his players to play hard.

His words have fans of NU thinking anyway that NU is something special --- but he has seen the film and he knows how vulnerable and given to being exposed NU really is --- he is endeavoring to increase the liklihood of exposing NU by taking the edge off of NU by trying to get them to be less hungry. I likly will not work --- Bo is too smart for that. If I were Bo and had the guys in the locker room I'd tell them that the VTech coach is almost mocking them and trying to play with their heads --- and in so doing I'd use that to incite them to fever pitch all the more.

Coach games --- that is all it is. Do not buy in that Beamer really thinks that what he is saying is true.

Hmmm...

I wonder if Beamer has watched tape on his team; specifically his offense.

If their offensive performance this year doesn't get into his head...then nothing will.

Beamer talks up every team we play. Now of course Nebraska has the great history and tradition for him to recite, but even when we play Duke or I-AA schools he makes them out to be the greatest team ever assembled. He does this every week we tend to just ignore it we've heard it for so long.

Beamer talks up every team we play. Now of course Nebraska has the great history and tradition for him to recite, but even when we play Duke or I-AA schools he makes them out to be the greatest team ever assembled. He does this every week we tend to just ignore it we've heard it for so long.

Right, it's customary for coaches to compliment the other team before a game...they all do it. :)