Helu should start against Mizzou

jjamuss

he can make the cuts and find the holes much better than a hesitant Lucky, put the BEST players on the field who have PROVED themselves... Helu is the best RB, so start him against mizzou!!

He won't though. We'll see Lucky get 12 carries, Castille with eight or nine, and Helu get four or five.

We'll end up with 45 or so rushing yards with Helu getting the majority of those on 1/3 of the carries that Lucky got.

There is more to being a good RB than just running the ball. Marlon is on the field because he is our best all around back. He did a great job last night of picking up blitzes. He gets a lot of undeserved critisism do to the O-line getting pushed around. I agree that Helu should get a lot more touches but Marlon is still our best all around back.

he can make the cuts and find the holes much better than a hesitant Lucky, put the BEST players on the field who have PROVED themselves... Helu is the best RB, so start him against mizzou!!

He won't though. We'll see Lucky get 12 carries, Castille with eight or nine, and Helu get four or five.

We'll end up with 45 or so rushing yards with Helu getting the majority of those on 1/3 of the carries that Lucky got.

Then that is reason to get a new offensive coordinator... one who will align the team with the best chance to win with what is ACTUALLY working, not what they envision or script?

And can we please stop scripting the first 15 plays? Can we THROW on 1st and 10?? I think a kid with a Sega controller could call a better game.

There is more to being a good RB than just running the ball. Marlon is on the field because he is our best all around back. He did a great job last night of picking up blitzes. He gets a lot of undeserved critisism do to the O-line getting pushed around. I agree that Helu should get a lot more touches but Marlon is still our best all around back.

You can put him on the field as much as you want. Have him pick up blitzes, run screens, line him up at receiver, but Helu is still a better runner and should be getting at least half of the carries.

You can put him on the field as much as you want. Have him pick up blitzes, run screens, line him up at receiver, but Helu is still a better runner and should be getting at least half of the carries.

Amen brutha!! Heck, if Castille could hold on to the ball I would say Lucky should be LAST in line to run the ball.

Amen brutha!! Heck, if Castille could hold on to the ball I would say Lucky should be LAST in line to run the ball.

AGREEED! Maybe we should go with a two back system everynow and again and poss get a RB that likes contact, makes a decision and hits it with pourpose. I saw alot of yards maybe even small at a time but all the same alot of yards (first downs) left on the field by Lucky in that game. I was secretely (well maybe not totally secretly) hoping Lucky would get cramps or something to remove him on those plays at least. I agree his blocking is needed but.. running between the tackles is rediculous. I'll say it again, he will not be an every down back in any leage. Seems to be scared of contact.

On another note, I didn't really care for the play calling by Watts either. I thougt some of the play calling really worked against Ganz. Although I'm not sure it would have really pulled Ganz out of the hole he was digging. But it certainly didn't help. We seem to go away from what is working way too much. The run game was working pretty good and I think would have gained momentum and we went completely way from it before it had any real chance. That didn't help the pass game at all either. I think Watts had a very poor play calling day.

The next time Marlon picks up a blitzer may be the first time. He's an absolutely horrid blocker which will probably hurt his draft stock in the future. Dude could make a killer 3rd down RB in the NFL, except for the fact he cannot pick up a blitzer nor take him on properly at all.

He was the same 2 years ago as he is today. B-Jax likely would have not gotten his shot if he were not so good at pass blocking and Marlon so horrid.

I agree that Helu should get as many or more carries than Lucky. Most of our problems on O come down to our O-line. Everything starts up front, except for 1 or 2 carries last night Helu didn't have anywhere to run either. His TD run was F'n awsome though.

The next time Marlon picks up a blitzer may be the first time. He's an absolutely horrid blocker which will probably hurt his draft stock in the future. Dude could make a killer 3rd down RB in the NFL, except for the fact he cannot pick up a blitzer nor take him on properly at all.

He was the same 2 years ago as he is today. B-Jax likely would have not gotten his shot if he were not so good at pass blocking and Marlon so horrid.

I actually seen Marlon picking up blitzes pretty well last night. There were several times when he saved Joe's butt from getting smoked. I just haven't seen anything from Helu or Castille that would make me say that they would be better at picking up blitzes. But, that could be do to the fact that they aren't on the field as much. I would like to see Helu get more playing time. I think Helu could really make some plays with the throws to the RB.

I actually seen Marlon picking up blitzes pretty well last night. There were several times when he saved Joe's butt from getting smoked. I just haven't seen anything from Helu or Castille that would make me say that they would be better at picking up blitzes. But, that could be do to the fact that they aren't on the field as much. I would like to see Helu get more playing time. I think Helu could really make some plays with the throws to the RB.

Castille is actually worse at picking up blitzers than Marlon. I will never debate that.

As far as last night -- it's about perception. Joe was moving in the pocket the entire night and rolling out. Very few times on pass plays did he actually sit in the pocket because it was collapsing.

As far as history in blocking, Helu has by far shown to be superior.

And from what I have heard in practice from those who can actually see it, Helu has shown himself to be superior. Now why has that not translated to more snaps for him? I don't know. It would be the same as asking why does Wortman, Swift, Peterson, Asante, O'Hanlon see so many snaps but yet Paul, Curenski, Culbert, Thenarse and Fisher do not. Just some crazy stuff going on that I don't understand really.

Castille is actually worse at picking up blitzers than Marlon. I will never debate that.

As far as last night -- it's about perception. Joe was moving in the pocket the entire night and rolling out. Very few times on pass plays did he actually sit in the pocket because it was collapsing.

As far as history in blocking, Helu has by far shown to be superior.

And from what I have heard in practice from those who can actually see it, Helu has shown himself to be superior. Now why has that not translated to more snaps for him? I don't know. It would be the same as asking why does Wortman, Swift, Peterson, Asante, O'Hanlon see so many snaps but yet Paul, Curenski, Culbert, Thenarse and Fisher do not. Just some crazy stuff going on that I don't understand really.

Hadn't heard that about Helu. On the other players, you and me both. If we are going to burn the redshirts of a few, get them on the field. I'm not saying I don't support some of the players, but it is frustrating.

put lucky as a slot reciever!!! holy cow the kid can catch and run after. but he doesnt have the line for his type of running style. he needs a oline that opens huge holes that are where they are suppose to be. our line isnt like that. the holes are more cutback lanes and helu has a knack for these. it fits his shifty running style. give the kid 25 carries and keep the offense on the field and miserys off!

put lucky as a slot reciever!!! holy cow the kid can catch and run after. but he doesnt have the line for his type of running style. he needs a oline that opens huge holes that are where they are suppose to be. our line isnt like that. the holes are more cutback lanes and helu has a knack for these. it fits his shifty running style. give the kid 25 carries and keep the offense on the field and miserys off!

:yeah