Remember back when...

Bo Pelini was hired?

The subsequent months?

The promises by all of us of being happy with:

a defense that played it's hardest?

a team that didn't quit?

a team that didn't get punched in the mouth and back into the corner?

a coach that kept it real and was down to earth?

a return to the Nebraska way?

a .500 record?

EFFORT?

Where did our former selves go hiding? What happened to all of us? We should be ashamed as fans for being such hypocrites, myself included. We are 3-1, with impressive showings of effort and determination so far in this year, all the while very obviously showing improvement in the worst parts of last year's program.

Can't we be above this? Can't we, after a few humbling years, back up what we say we will be satisfied with and support our program unconditionally? I say we can. I say that we call ourselves the greatest fans in the sport, and so do numerous other people, let's show them what that means. Let's show them that the greatest fans aren't only polite and courteous as formalities, and not only smart about the game, but also understanding and forgiving and patient and not easily deterred.

Please?

Please don't include all fans in this statement.

I know for a fact I never said anything like that before the season.

I am behind this team 100% and always will be that doesn't mean I should be happy if we lose. That doesn't mean I should jump for joy if we lose a game we should have won even if we played hard(dumb but hard). That doesn't mean I should be happy if we only finish .500. That doesn't mean I should be happy just as long as Pelini tells it like he sees it.(I find some of his cockiness and brashness annoying)

Am I the only one sick of the term "Nebraska Way"? What is the "Nebraska Way"? Walk ons, option, abusing women, Runzas, Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalties, cheating on your spouse with a nurse or cheerleader, 4-3 defense, Blackshirts, Kool-Aid, McRibs, Gerald Ford, Johnny Carson, The Cable Guy, 1st degree murder, flashing gang signs on team posters, Heismans, bad mouthing coaches families, National Championships, Conference Championships, Sitting on your hands inside the staduim, Tommy Lee playing Drums, Man Woman and Child, Crappy taxes, Over-alls and a red cowboy hat, Born and raised Steve Pederson, Vals Pizza, 72nd and Dodge, Crisp Meat Burritos, Throwing the Bones, Red Hot Dogs? I've always wondered this.

I am behind this team 100% and always will be that doesn't mean I should be happy if we lose. That doesn't mean I should jump for joy if we lose a game we should have won even if we played hard(dumb but hard). That doesn't mean I should be happy if we only finish .500. That doesn't mean I should be happy just as long as Pelini tells it like he sees it.(I find some of his cockiness and brashness annoying)

Am I the only one sick of the term "Nebraska Way"? What is the "Nebraska Way"? Walk ons, option, abusing women, Runzas, Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalties, cheating on your spouse with a nurse or cheerleader, 4-3 defense, Blackshirts, Kool-Aid, McRibs, Gerald Ford, Johnny Carson, The Cable Guy, 1st degree murder, flashing gang signs on team posters, Heismans, bad mouthing coaches families, National Championships, Conference Championships, Sitting on your hands inside the staduim, Tommy Lee playing Drums, Man Woman and Child, Crappy taxes, Over-alls and a red cowboy hat, Born and raised Steve Pederson, Vals Pizza, 72nd and Dodge, Crisp Meat Burritos, Throwing the Bones, Red Hot Dogs? I've always wondered this.

wtf, lol. :lol::clap:rollin

The pain of us boardmembers and husker fans as a whole were assuaged when Callahan was fired, and Bo was introduced as our new head coach.

I am a fan of Bo, and I know that imperfections that come along with him. But, there's a sense of honesty and reality that we'd been lacking the past 4 years. Can you actually hear Callahan even saying bonehead, during a press conference, and not referring to the fan base.

Sometimes I get a bit worried that we've put too much upon Bo's shoulders. This is a hell of a lot to ask for, a first year coach, a program mired in 4 years of shame, with the expectations of nothing less than a bowl game.

The only other coach that I can think of with those kind of expectations is R. Rodriquez at Michigan.

I'm not trying to be an apologist, but if anything, this might possibly be a testament to Bo's determination and skill. How many 1st year coaches are 3-1 after their first 4 games? I know there is some talent on this team, but it's hard not to have seen how disfunctional this unit was.

:yeah

I am not ashamed of myself for being upset that Nebraska could have won the game if they played smarter. I realize they are a work in progress, but I still want to see wins in games that should be won. It isn't going to get much easier the rest of the way.

:wtf:moreinteresting:koolaid2:

...Nice