Losing not an option against NU

Don't take anything thing from a mizzou site. They embarrass me. Jeez, some of these people on the mizzou sites seem that they are 13.

This is why I joined this message board. Even though I am the enemy, the signal to noise ratio is way better here. hopefully I won't come across as an ass.

Nah, you're fine. And you're not the "enemy" either. You're just another college football fan that likes to talk about the game with other football fans. Who knows? Once you are exposed to all of the class and culture on this board you will become a Nebraska fan... :cheers

:rollin

I'm sure that Bo didn't mean to imply that Nebraska would shut Missouri out. Reporters live for this crap every day. You need to fire up your team. Why is this a hard concept?

Might be better to fire up your own team rather than the other one. I thought the Nebraska fans were hoping Mizzou would look past this game. Those kind of comments don't help insure that.

so you'd love to hear Pinkel say the goal ISNT to shut out the opponent? now WOW, thats solid, going into a game not trying to shut out the other team... i mean, thats like, hey, we'll go ahead and spot you 20 because we don't want to try and shut you out! FFS.. NOBODY EVER SAID, 'HEY, WE'RE GONNA SHUT OUT THE TIGERS'.... it was, the goal isn't to hold them under 30, the goal is to shut them down. Why is that a bad goal?

Not in public, no. Of course I won't have to worry about that because anyone who has paid attention to Coach Pinkel for any length of time at all knows he would never say that about any team. Perhaps he did when he was a new head coach but he sure hasn't since he's been at Missouri.

In fact last year when a few of the players said some things publicly about OU before the conference champtionship game he wasn't pleased and let them know.

I suspect with time Bo will learn to that you don't say or do anything to give the opponent any extra motivation.

Saying something like that to the team in a meeting is one thing; saying it to the press is another. And surely you realize saying it when you are about to play a team that was one of the highest scoring teams in the country last year and is the second highest this year does raise a few eyebrows. Not just among Mizzou fans either.

Dude. What?

Seriously?

This is still an issue? The defense says they have loftier goals than to keep their opponent under 30 points. This is a brash statement? How arrogant do you have to be to take exception to that statement?

so you'd love to hear Pinkel say the goal ISNT to shut out the opponent? now WOW, thats solid, going into a game not trying to shut out the other team... i mean, thats like, hey, we'll go ahead and spot you 20 because we don't want to try and shut you out! FFS.. NOBODY EVER SAID, 'HEY, WE'RE GONNA SHUT OUT THE TIGERS'.... it was, the goal isn't to hold them under 30, the goal is to shut them down. Why is that a bad goal?

Not in public, no. Of course I won't have to worry about that because anyone who has paid attention to Coach Pinkel for any length of time at all knows he would never say that about any team. Perhaps he did when he was a new head coach but he sure hasn't since he's been at Missouri.

In fact last year when a few of the players said some things publicly about OU before the conference champtionship game he wasn't pleased and let them know.

I suspect with time Bo will learn to that you don't say or do anything to give the opponent any extra motivation.

Where did I take exception to it? Why can't some of you read what another poster is saying? And it's just as bad on the Mizzou boards.

I don't take exception to it at all and in fact I'm glad he did say it. What I did say was I don't think it was too smart of him to say in public and that anyone who knows Gary Pinkel knows he would never do the same.

Personally the more talk like that he does the better. Next time please respond do what I did say not what you think I said.

Saying something like that to the team in a meeting is one thing; saying it to the press is another. And surely you realize saying it when you are about to play a team that was one of the highest scoring teams in the country last year and is the second highest this year does raise a few eyebrows. Not just among Mizzou fans either.

Dude. What?

Seriously?

This is still an issue? The defense says they have loftier goals than to keep their opponent under 30 points. This is a brash statement? How arrogant do you have to be to take exception to that statement?

I'm sure that Bo didn't mean to imply that Nebraska would shut Missouri out. Reporters live for this crap every day. You need to fire up your team. Why is this a hard concept?

Might be better to fire up your own team rather than the other one. I thought the Nebraska fans were hoping Mizzou would look past this game. Those kind of comments don't help insure that.

dude you just don't get it.

Bo = Defensive Coach.

Try to shut down that team = Defensive Statement.

The whole point of his statement was to fire up his own team. his defense....

and the fact that missouri players are seeing this kinda shows they aren't focused..... Dillard had no idea about Gabbert and Daniel's comments.

please, give this one up.

I enjoy watching Missouri, but the fans are starting to act like they are elite. Elite seasons do not make elite programs.

AMEN! Win a conference title before you make a "this is NU's nat. title game" comment. Give me a break!!!

hell if anything the game in norman would be our national championship(not that it is, it just would have more meaning)

I enjoy watching Missouri, but the fans are starting to act like they are elite. Elite seasons do not make elite programs.

AMEN! Win a conference title before you make a "this is NU's nat. title game" comment. Give me a break!!!

hell if anything the game in norman would be our national championship(not that it is, it just would have more meaning)

Abso-freakin'-lutely, OU v NU again this year. That is a rivalry I remember.

Actually I thought it was a well written article. As a Mizzou fan we suffered for so long and we always knew we were in for an ass kicking when heading to Lincoln. Finally we have a good football team. Can't we enjoy the moment just a little bit?

no.

ok, I admit this is funny.

but not quite as funny as a mizzou fan asking for validation on a nebraska forum.

:yeah Cant wait for this game! :yeah

I had just moved to OK in 2000, when they beat us that year I had to wear an OU shirt to work the next day. :angry: I will NEVER forget the shame lossing that bet brought upon me! -_-

And since I worked at Sears at the time. So when OU won the nat. title, they toured the Sears trophy through their stores. So I can say I held the crystal football................. OU's crystal football. :nutz Talk about bitter sweet!!!

...i don't...but then again i was born in 1986