What I Learned at School Tonight

Well, this was sure an enlightening game. I think we learned quite a few interesting bits of information that will more than likely carry over the rest of the season.

1.) We suck. Pure and simple. And this isn't alcohol-induced rage talking; it's reason as pure and glittering as the sun on a mountain lake. We have NO talent. NONE. I dare anyone who disagrees with me to name a SINGLE game-breaker we have on either side of the ball, or special teams. Callahan left the cupboard so bare that the flies that used to live there starved to death. No deep threat, no running back, a sketchy QB lost without Purify, an O-line that can't block, average tight-ends, a D-line that can't get pressure, slow linebackers, inept corners, and safeties so useless it's almost beyond belief they get a free education to play their position.

2.) Missouri is the real deal, but we'd never know it, given that even the most painfully average offense looks like Florida against us.

3.) I'm not the first person to mention this, but I think I'll go ahead and throw myself out there anyway. Either Watson needs to get rid of the West Coast Offense, or he needs to find another job. He talks all the time about "being multiple," but let's not kid ourselves. We can't even be single. Our offense has no identity. There's nothing they do well. Our line can't run block or pass block, and we're constantly stuck flopping on third and medium.

4.) The team has no discipline. Our penalties are almost hilarious. It would be funny were it not so sad. I can't believe that we're the only team in the country that can't get a play off with more than three seconds on the clock. It's pathetic and unacceptable.

5.) A bowl game would be a miracle this season and probably next. Sad fact is, we have no talent, and no reason to believe it's going to get a lot better. Pelini has a lot of shaking up to do on the depth chart. If it were me, I'd be thinking about getting as many of the young guys out there as possible. Winning games this season isn't even much of a goal anymore. Preparing for the future is. The fact that Ganz was still in in the fourth is ridiculous.

I'm sure there's more to talk about, but a performance this degrading really can't be harped on enough, so I'll quit here. I'm really disappointed in this team. They didn't even put up a fight this evening and I'm shocked that it got as out of hand as it did. I really felt Pelini's hire would bring something to this defense, but it hasn't, and it won't this season. At least they're not wearing blackshirts. A small mercy, but an improvement. Small improvements is all we can hope for. Day by day, game by game.

Buckle your seat belts, Husker fans. Texas Tech and Oklahoma are going to do the same thing. Every team on our schedule has the potential to get ugly. It's the sad reality of having zero talent and high expectations, I'm afraid.

totally agreed with you....no game breaker at the skill position. why? NO SPEEEED!!!....about watson ?....not a very creative OC..when you don't have as much talent as your oppent you HAVE to be more creative to give your team a chance..can't just line it up and expect to smack people around like you're the USCs of the world...we don't have that kind of talent unfortunately...you HAVE to outhink the other team

I agree. Except with a far less negative tone. My brother was at the Game and kept texting and calling me asking what it looked like on TV replays and stuff and I told him we are simply one step behind on defense, and have no threat of breaking one on offense.

Alas, I would suspect that privately, the coaches are collectively watching each week the younger kids playing and deciding who belongs and who has to go. Whether the players know it or not, they are being tested for their own future by the way they perform right now.

Osborne and Pelini are probably evaluating each of the current Callahan players that are getting PT who aren't seniors and seeing how it will shake out.

Did MO even break a sweat last nite? They were uncontested throughout. Yeah, our team is bad. D 2ndary and lbs should find another hobby to occupy their spare time cuz watching them attempt to play fb is a waste of mine. Same for the O-line. We have some good skill players but they can't do jack squat w/o blocking. I don't blame Watson: run plays go nowhere and half the time Ganz has defenders in his face. No blocking/tackling equals NO FB!

What are some of these guys doing in scarlet and cream? :steam

I mean, we been waiting around for 2-3 yrs for most of these guys to play some real FB!, but all they been doin' is stinkin' up Memorial Stadium w :bs:

Unfortunately, the 'best' plyrs are prolly on the field. Look, I've supported these guys all along, but as they say in Mizzou: 'SHOW ME'!

4 chr!st's sake! :steam:steam:steam

Osborne and Pelini are probably evaluating each of the current Callahan players that are getting PT who aren't seniors and seeing how it will shake out.

player evaluations are continuous. They are evaluated in practice and in games and graded. the best players play, the lesser players sit.

The way it is. The way it always was.

trust Bo.

BO KNOWS FOOTBALL!!

Given time I think Bo gets the players he needs to shore up this defense. O-line can only get better with some new faces. As far as speed, this team has just as much as anyone else. 4.5's, 4'6's through out this team. Maybe a few 4.4's. Wide receivers Paul, and a couple of others that don't play much, have the speed needed at w/r. I look at the recruiting classes of other teams and, their guys are running the same times as ours. They are just getting better players than us right now. I look for Bo to change this.

GBR!!!

I agree. Except with a far less negative tone. My brother was at the Game and kept texting and calling me asking what it looked like on TV replays and stuff and I told him we are simply one step behind on defense, and have no threat of breaking one on offense.

Alas, I would suspect that privately, the coaches are collectively watching each week the younger kids playing and deciding who belongs and who has to go. Whether the players know it or not, they are being tested for their own future by the way they perform right now.

That's the craziest part to me about the whole thing. Back in the day when the Huskers lined up, there always at least one guy you could point to that had the potential to break something wide open. We don't have a single player like that. Statistically speaking that's nearly impossible. You just have to wonder what it is about our system that virtually guarantees we lose.