What has to happen?

hmmm...

maybe adjust expectations for the team, watch the games, cheer your ass off and let the coaches do their jobs.

Might as well dig in..

it'll be a bumpy ride.

there is a lot to do and it'll take a little time.

GO BO!!

BEAT TT!!

hmmm...

maybe adjust expectations for the team, watch the games, cheer your ass off and let the coaches do their jobs.

Might as well dig in..

it'll be a bumpy ride.

GO BO!!

BEAT TT!!

My expectations HAVE been lowered. I don't think the coaching staff is trolling here looking for ideas, either.

But 11+ penalties and the inability of our players to make the tackle on the first hit says fundamentals and discipline (and probably talent) are sorely lacking.

The bench IS a coach's best friend.

depends who is sitting there.

often they sit the pine for a reason.

often the best players are on the field, not the bench.

that's why the coaches evaluate them in practice AND in games.

If adjustments are needed, Bo will make them.

Trust him.

BO KNOWS FOOTBALL.

hmmm...

Might as well dig in..

it'll be a bumpy ride.

GO BO!!

BEAT TT!!

My expectations HAVE been lowered. I don't think the coaching staff is trolling here looking for ideas, either.

But 11+ penalties and the inability of our players to make the tackle on the first hit says fundamentals and discipline (and probably talent) are sorely lacking.

Well, the defense was literally uncoached and was not a priority for the last 4 years. You can't expect miracles in one spring practice and one fall practice. And, as much as I don't want to say it and it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, the officiating was pretty one-sided lat night. We were flagged for many of the same things that Missouri wasn't. That is going to happen until we start winning more.

It's better now and will continue to get better. The players have a good attitude and are playing hard, they are just making mistakes. Benching players for a mistake made at full speed sends the wrong message to the team.

Besides, once you have benched most of the defensive players after Macklin's TD on the first series and all of the offensive line after our failure on our second series, who would be playing?

hmmm...

Might as well dig in..

it'll be a bumpy ride.

GO BO!!

BEAT TT!!

Well, the defense was literally uncoached and was not a priority for the last 4 years. You can't expect miracles in one spring practice and one fall practice. And, as much as I don't want to say it and it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, the officiating was pretty one-sided lat night. We were flagged for many of the same things that Missouri wasn't. That is going to happen until we start winning more.

It's better now and will continue to get better. The players have a good attitude and are playing hard, they are just making mistakes. Benching players for a mistake made at full speed sends the wrong message to the team.

Besides, once you have benched most of the defensive players after Macklin's TD on the first series and all of the offensive line after our failure on our second series, who would be playing?

My main point about re-assessing depth chart positions was about during the week - not in-game decisions. That's too much of a snap judgment.

you have to believe we are playing the best guys, it would be silly to think otherwise. having said that, repetition and more game time can only help these kids get better.....we have no choice, Bo has no choice, you play your best kids, keep coaching them up and hang in there the best you can.....what else can you expect, really?? dedhoarse