Same results...

I'm sure all here remember Callahan's first year. 5-6 and the first losing season since the olden days to kick us in the nuts. Funny what happens when you try to take a running-based program and try to completely change it to a passing one in the off season. Now, the W/L went to 8-4, then 9-5...and of course the bad last year.

Now we take a semi-passing program and are trying to change it back to a running one. Of course there's many other things involved than just that, but would it be any different to see similar season results? (I sure as hell hope not)

Now my concern is this. Callahan had his problems overall, but definately neglected the defense. Bo is here and I really am hoping he doesn't do the opposite by neglecting the offense in the years to come. Anyways...all have to expect that the first year is gonna be tough. Hang in there all and back up the boys no matter what!

Anyways sorry, long post for this. Anyone else think Bo might be the polar opposite of our last coach? Neglecting the offense to build the D? Not talking about this year, but the year or two to come.

I have wondered this myself. I hope he changes but he has said that he leaves the offense to the offensive guys. He is still learning though.

For the record watch out because some on here will take this the wrong way and start shooting fire out of the ears and banging their keyboards because of the fact that you brought out a thing that Callahan and Bo may have in common.

I'm sure all here remember Callahan's first year. 5-6 and the first losing season since the olden days to kick us in the nuts. Funny what happens when you try to take a running-based program and try to completely change it to a passing one in the off season. Now, the W/L went to 8-4, then 9-5...and of course the bad last year.

Now we take a semi-passing program and are trying to change it back to a running one. Of course there's many other things involved than just that, but would it be any different to see similar season results? (I sure as hell hope not)

Now my concern is this. Callahan had his problems overall, but definately neglected the defense. Bo is here and I really am hoping he doesn't do the opposite by neglecting the offense in the years to come. Anyways...all have to expect that the first year is gonna be tough. Hang in there all and back up the boys no matter what!

Anyways sorry, long post for this. Anyone else think Bo might be the polar opposite of our last coach? Neglecting the offense to build the D? Not talking about this year, but the year or two to come.

I don't think T.O. will allow him any room for ignoring the offensive side of the ball. I also don't think the fans will allow it without making a lot of noise. I think the fans patience has about run out when it comes to this team turning the corner. I think Bo has 2 years to make good progress or the hounds will be howling for his head as well as every other coach. There are already some calling for Watson to be fired...which I don't think is fair. This is Bo's team now, and he has to get it going, Watson may be OC, but Bo is in charge, and Watson has to follow what Bo is wanting to do... Just because we had a good offense last year don't mean that Watson was responsible totally for it...sad to say. But that works both ways, just because our offense sucks this year don't mean that Watson is responsible for it either. Bottom line, it comes down to Bo. If Bo is to have a chance at being successful at Nebraska as HC, he knows he has to get the offense rolling, as well as turning around the defense.

Good point. So the heavy defensive recruiting made last year by Bo was just an attempt to right the defensive woes of a bad season then...not a forecast of the years ahead?

I don't think TO will stand for it. Look at the depth on the defense now, we are still short a lot of talent there. IMHO they have to recruit with balance, otherwise you will have a situation where the offense has to carry the defense or vice versa. It won't always happen.