Carl Pelini at the Big Red Breakfast

In all honesty, this team might be 3-3 but they have refused to give up.

Sure they lost big to Missouri, but the other 2 were close and could have gone either way.

The 2007 team had a look in their eyes like "This is too tough, we give up.."

The 2008 team has a look in their eyes when things get tough that they have to get better. I have a feeling that against ISU, Nebraska is going to take a turn in the right direction.

The 2008 season has been exciting to say the least, and after the game against Texas Tech, I have a lot of faith in the Cornhuskers that they'll win a lot more than they'll lose in the rest of the season.

GO BIG RED!

In all honesty, this team might be 3-3 but they have refused to give up.

Sure they lost big to Missouri, but the other 2 were close and could have gone either way.

The 2007 team had a look in their eyes like "This is too tough, we give up.."

The 2008 team has a look in their eyes when things get tough that they have to get better. I have a feeling that against ISU, Nebraska is going to take a turn in the right direction.

The 2008 season has been exciting to say the least, and after the game against Texas Tech, I have a lot of faith in the Cornhuskers that they'll win a lot more than they'll lose in the rest of the season.

GO BIG RED!

:yeah

What Championship has Carl Pelini ever been involved in that he would know what that level is? High School? Not the same thing. IMO

This very well have been the best week of practice he has ever been around. I mean NU in 03, then Ohio? Not exactly championship teams there so he may not have been stretching the truth with that statement.

It also seems we are getting a lot of "coach speak" which some said we wouldn't get from this staff.

What Championship has Carl Pelini ever been involved in that he would know what that level is? High School? Not the same thing. IMO

This very well have been the best week of practice he has ever been around. I mean NU in 03, then Ohio? Not exactly championship teams there so he may not have been stretching the truth with that statement.

It also seems we are getting a lot of "coach speak" which some said we wouldn't get from this staff.

Who really cares as long as the team is playing well? They are just trying to remain positive and some of you want to find negativity in everything no matter what it is? :dunno

but his brother, the head coach? yea, he was a part of a championship last year.. D1 football championship. and just because one coach says it to the public, doesn't mean another coach doesn't say it behind closed doors. not every coach that wins a national championship, or builds a school to or back to that level has ever been there before... but this isn't the 1st time a coach has ever said this... and it wont be the last time.

We are getting way too sensitive with coaches speak. Listen...... we said we would be satisfied this year to see progress and a team that goes out and fights every week. WE ARE GETTING THAT! The coaches are trying to build a culture that leads to a championship. In my opinion the only way that can start to happen is if the kids believe it. The only way the kids will buy in is if you talk about it and EXPECT THAT WE WILL WIN NOW!!!

Relax....I think we should feel great about the direction of the program. :clap:clap:clap:clap