Coach Pelini and the refs

I have no problems with Bo screaming at the refs; I think it's the right thing to do.

But does anyone know anything about the roughing the kicker call on the punt Swift returned into Baylor territory? No one seems to be talking about it and I thought it was the worst call of the game. They didn't replay it on the Versus telecast. Did anyone see it, and was it a good call?

I noticed it when it happened. Will Henry took two steps before he ran into the punter after the ball was gone. Should have been avoided.

when it happened i said it was a first down for baylor before the flag was thrown.

Well wasnt their a play where cody glenn or some was flaged for horse collaring the baylor qb but then later in the game the same thing happend to joe ganz and nothing was called whats up with that

It looked like glen began a horse colar, then grabbed the shoulder pad. The one that wasn't called, if it's the same one I'm thinking of, was clearly a grab at the back of the jersey. Though you might be thinking of a different tackle. I don't think that the refs are used to calling that yet.

I have no problems with Bo screaming at the refs; I think it's the right thing to do.

But does anyone know anything about the roughing the kicker call on the punt Swift returned into Baylor territory? No one seems to be talking about it and I thought it was the worst call of the game. They didn't replay it on the Versus telecast. Did anyone see it, and was it a good call?

I watched his show tonight and they pretty much made a point of not getting into any of the calls. They showed a replay of the punt that hit an NU player, who for whatever reason was wearing a Baylor uniform, but outside of that they pretty much ignored the 800 pound gorrilla in the room. Bo did call the face mask penalty on Glenn "an interesting call."

It was a easy call to make...I was waiting all game for him to get a running or roughing the kicker call, and of course it happened on the biggest punt of the game.

The ball was gone and he jumped flat into him

Yeah, they pretty much had to make the call. It wasn't particularly violent or anything....but......wadda ya gonna do? Thing is, if that was the most contoversial call this thread wouldn't have even been started. It was all of the other calls that pissed me off.

Refs watch game film also, they start to see things week in and week out, they will start to "look" for certain things from certain players. Not defending refs at all, some of the calls were :wtf:blink: but I have also seen a pattern on what kind of calls are being made week in and week out. The guys are playing hard they just need to find a way out of the obvious and things will start going there way.