Coach Pelini and the refs

What is the opinion out there about the way Coach Pelini is constantly trying to educate the officials? Tom Shatel has an article in the World Herald today where he thinks it is pointless. The topic also came up on 1620 this week and it was mentioned that Nebraska might start seeing calls go against them. Both Shatel and 1620 brought up basketball references with how Coach Pelini gets on the officials. It was mentioned that former Nebraska basketball coach Danny Nee was notorious for berating the refs and it took years for him to establish himself as a respected coach with calls going his way which also coincided with when he finally got good teams.

I think it is fine for Coach Pelini to get his initial 2 cents in but he needs to not constantly belabor the issue and break off the argument so he can return to his players. Right now they need the education on the field more than the officials.

With the way we've been getting screwed with officiating this season can you really blame him? I can see what your saying though and I have to wonder if these officials are trying to send Bo a message. :dunno

Indeed if that's the case, then they should be sending that message in the way of penalties on Bo for outbursts, not by crappy officiating calls. Like it mentioned in the article, I hope Bo does follow up with the Big 12 ref yesterdays game.

I have no problems with Bo screaming at the refs; I think it's the right thing to do.

But does anyone know anything about the roughing the kicker call on the punt Swift returned into Baylor territory? No one seems to be talking about it and I thought it was the worst call of the game. They didn't replay it on the Versus telecast. Did anyone see it, and was it a good call?

I have no problems with Bo screaming at the refs; I think it's the right thing to do.

But does anyone know anything about the roughing the kicker call on the punt Swift returned into Baylor territory? No one seems to be talking about it and I thought it was the worst call of the game. They didn't replay it on the Versus telecast. Did anyone see it, and was it a good call?

I noticed it when it happened. Will Henry took two steps before he ran into the punter after the ball was gone. Should have been avoided.

Here's the thing. If what refs think about the coach in anyway effects the calls, those refs need to be fired, and banned from officiating ever again.

They are supposed to be impartial, and ONLY decide things on what actually happens, not on if they like a coach or not.

It would be like going a judge looking at the evidence, then throwing it out because they dont like the defendant.

Here's the thing. If what refs think about the coach in anyway effects the calls, those refs need to be fired, and banned from officiating ever again.

They are supposed to be impartial, and ONLY decide things on what actually happens, not on if they like a coach or not.

It would be like going a judge looking at the evidence, then throwing it out because they dont like the defendant.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

It was a easy call to make...I was waiting all game for him to get a running or roughing the kicker call, and of course it happened on the biggest punt of the game.

The ball was gone and he jumped flat into him

Terrible officiating. Swift getting nailed on the fair catch, the supposed Husker that touched the punt at the 25 yd line, and so on. NU benefited from only one call that I saw, the pass on 3rd down to Paul who went out of bounds and was the first one to touch it coming back in. He needs to have better field awareness as next time the worst crew in the Big 12 may not be reffing the game.

Well wasnt their a play where cody glenn or some was flaged for horse collaring the baylor qb but then later in the game the same thing happend to joe ganz and nothing was called whats up with that

Yes there was and I was thinking the same thing at the time. Also, the interference that wasn't called when Swift was trying to catch the punt is absolutely ridiculous as well. :madash