OU going for it on 4th and 1

As confused as our secondary was all game long, I would have called deep passes for the entire 1st quarter, scored 77 points, and then let the backups play for 3 quarters. You know, to really take advantage of the bye week.

I'm getting sick of seeing our defense not set before the ball gets snapped. I'm also sick of seeing receivers running open with nobody within 10 yards of them.

Huh? Its the 2nd qtr? Hmmmmmm....

Just like they raced out and put a bundle up on the board early, we could of came out that 2nd half and matched their performance. Too much game left to play.

I coach both HS football and baseball. We always go with the approach of getting out fast and stomp on their throats when you can until they cry uncle! You can bet your opponents will do the same to you. Send em home crying to their mommas if you can. No you don't want to rub it in but 2nd qtr? No such thing as rubbing it in that early in the contest. You call off the dawgs in the 4th period.