OU going for it on 4th and 1

Being that early in the game by all means. Anyways, Stoops used it as a momentum smasher, letting the opponent know they can score anytime from anywhere. College football is a momentum sport. There are some coaches that will lift the boot off their opponents throat in that situation, and sometimes it comes back to bite them in the butt. It's the D's job to stop them, and they couldn't all night.

We never accepted Osborne going all out in the first half as piling it on (because it isn't), nor should we cry when another team does it. There is so much for a team to work on. 4th and 1 is a good gut check for any team, and a 2 minute drill at the end of the half is great game practice for something you might need to win a game down the line. And on the defensive side, it's good for us to work on it as well, even if the game is out of hand.

I always figure anything one team can do in 30 minutes, the other team can do in the 2nd 30 minutes.

Also, bear in mind that Oklahoma has - in more than a few games - come out on fire in the first half and then seem to go to sleep for at least a quarter in the second half. If I'm coaching a team like that - particularly against a team that has a fairly good offense - I try and grab all the points I can in the first half in case there's a "dead period" in the second half.

In the second quarter when it was 35-7 and OU had 4th and one from about the 5 or so, do you think it was a no-class call to go for it?

I had a few disagreements with some OU fans because I thought that was a bad call, unless they were just trying to pile it on.

Man..

As a Husker Fan, I'm really embarrassed by a couple of posts in this thread.

They didn't really need 3 more points that much..Maybe..If the score were close..

And if they failed on 4th down..We're backed up deep in our territory.

What? Would you rather they took a knee all second half?

That would be the most severe way of rubbing our noses in it.

I found it almost re-assuring..Stoops, like I, still felt we had a chance.