quarterbacks

I hope JD does well. I would love to see some quick legs in the backfield a la McNabb. Not to mention he's a great kid.

IRISH!

He's got some good legs but callahan turned him into one of the worst runners I have ever seen so who knows. He ran scared last year and even looked slow he was running so timid and worried about sliding and everything else. His frosh year I loved his legs.

He's got some good legs but callahan turned him into one of the worst runners I have ever seen so who knows. He ran scared last year and even looked slow he was running so timid and worried about sliding and everything else. His frosh year I loved his legs.

Callahan was genius last year not letting JD get hurt. Who would we have gone to if he would have went down? The cupboard was left bare, and BC was doing what he could with what he had. Keeping JD healthy was a top priority. Everyone seen at TT what would have happened if we would have had to go to option #2. Maybe with some depth JD can take a chance w/his legs and make things happen and flourish this year. I'm sure BC didn't coach Dailey to run out of bounds on the last play of the Southern Miss game and not even give us a chance to win.

I'm sure BC didn't coach Dailey to run out of bounds on the last play of the Southern Miss game and not even give us a chance to win.

Sure he did! I can hear it now.

"Ok Joe, what we need you to do is if you get loose, run out of bounds instead of trying to win the game."

:blink:

;)

He's got some good legs but callahan turned him into one of the worst runners I have ever seen so who knows.  He ran scared last year and even looked slow he was running so timid and worried about sliding and everything else.  His frosh year I loved his legs.

Callahan was genius last year not letting JD get hurt. Who would we have gone to if he would have went down? The cupboard was left bare, and BC was doing what he could with what he had. Keeping JD healthy was a top priority. Everyone seen at TT what would have happened if we would have had to go to option #2. Maybe with some depth JD can take a chance w/his legs and make things happen and flourish this year. I'm sure BC didn't coach Dailey to run out of bounds on the last play of the Southern Miss game and not even give us a chance to win.

A good example is Mike Vick. He may be able to run for all those yards, but when he's hurt how well did Atlanat do? How many times did he get hurt?

He's got some good legs but callahan turned him into one of the worst runners I have ever seen so who knows.  He ran scared last year and even looked slow he was running so timid and worried about sliding and everything else.  His frosh year I loved his legs.

A good example is Mike Vick. He may be able to run for all those yards, but when he's hurt how well did Atlanat do? How many times did he get hurt?

While the circumstances are the same, I wouldn't call Joe Dailey Mike Vick :)

Joe played well in 2003. Just when was that? He never faced a fresh 1st team, he never played when the game was on the line. He never faced a top team at anytime. He got hurt nearly every time he was on the field.

He would not have been able to run the option offense or the QB dive offense, he did not have the skills last year to run this offense. I am hoping he has developed them, but if you really think he was good in 2003 why didn't Frank play him? He had many problems with fumbling in the prior offense during practice.

You beat on Callahan for not doing this and not doing that, but he was protecting a china doll that had to run the offense. There were no choices on options.

And I agree, if Joe is the answer this year we have some real problems. Hopefully he has improved, because I really like the kid, but if he is our starter come fall look for the same type of season we had last year. He may know the plays but he can not hit an open receiver and that does not change. He has been playing for at least 12 years, if it ain't here now it's not going to be.

Could of we did much worse than 5-6? He was a genius? If he was a genius we would of made a bowl game. With a back up what would of we went? 4-7? big wow.