Some idiot out there....

I wonder if all the "Who cares" people also complain "Did you hear Mark May bad mouthing us?" and "Why isn't our game picked up on TV this week?" and "Why didn't ESPN show any highlights of our game?".

It's all related, folks.

Mark May is a TOOL! And yes, I would say that to his face. But, you're right.

Very true but did you hear May talk about Pelini possibly being up for big 12 coach of the year

I was shocked :o

No I didn't hear that. IMO Mark May may be one of the most insightful and brilliant analysts in the country............... :laughpound nah, tool.

In the what ifs though, if NU finishes at 8-4, gets a decent bowl bid and wins there, I don't know who else you could possibly consider for coach of the year honores.

I wonder if all the "Who cares" people also complain "Did you hear Mark May bad mouthing us?" and "Why isn't our game picked up on TV this week?" and "Why didn't ESPN show any highlights of our game?".

It's all related, folks.

Very true but did you hear May talk about Pelini possibly being up for big 12 coach of the year

I didn't hear that from May, I did hear that from D'Marco Farr on FSN

It's all related, folks.

While this would be pretty awesome, I think it's going to be Mike Leach

It's all related, folks.

No I didn't hear that. IMO Mark May may be one of the most insightful and brilliant analysts in the country............... :laughpound nah, tool.

In the what ifs though, if NU finishes at 8-4, gets a decent bowl bid and wins there, I don't know who else you could possibly consider for coach of the year honores.

How about Mike Leach at TT? His squad finished 8-4 or so last year, now undefeated and in the hunt for a NC.

I wonder if beating #69 Kansas St and #63 Colorado lifts #30 Nebraska into the top 25??

http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

I guess time will tell.

BEAT KSU!!

I think its more important that 5 teams from #20 - #29 lose than beating #69 and #63, though both must happen

even more importantly perhaps--

teams ranked #26-35 must NOT beat opponents ranked in the top 15 spots or so.

Beating a ranked opponent could vault them above NU.

:(

And leach is much more deserving of B12 and/or natioanl coach of the year honors.

My point isn't that Leach isn't a good coach, he is. It isn't that he doesn't deserve the honor. He does. In fact he shoud have probably had it last year over fat boy. My point is that if you look at what Pelini has done in his first year, and should they wind up 9-4 with a Gator or Alamo Bowl win, it's pretty damn impressive. With the kind of talent he's (Leach) built down there in Lubbock over the past few years anything less than where the are currently at would be a pretty big let down. Pelini doesn't have, this year, that kind of luxury..and he nearly beat Leach in his own back yard. To take a 5-7 program that was seriously on the rocks and in one year turn them into a surging 9-4 contender would be quite remarkable.

My point isn't that Leach isn't a good coach, he is. It isn't that he doesn't deserve the honor. He does. In fact he shoud have probably had it last year over fat boy. My point is that if you look at what Pelini has done in his first year, and should they wind up 9-4 with a Gator or Alamo Bowl win, it's pretty damn impressive. With the kind of talent he's (Leach) built down there in Lubbock over the past few years anything less than where the are currently at would be a pretty big let down. Pelini doesn't have, this year, that kind of luxury..and he nearly beat Leach in his own back yard. To take a 5-7 program that was seriously on the rocks and in one year turn them into a surging 9-4 contender would be quite remarkable.

True Leach does have a lot of talent, but that is a big part of being a coach in CFB also. Look at TT last year to this year. They went 8-4 in the regular season last year and have a shot to go 12-0 this year, not including the Big XII title game as regular season. That is a 4 game improvement, assuming NU takes care of business vs. CU their record will improve by 3 games. To magnify TT's improvement even more, consider that they did this while playing in the Big XII south. They will have played UT, OU, OSU, KU, and NU by seasons end, they all currently have winning records. NU will have played KU, MU, OU, and TT. Fact is TT played, AND beat, two more teams with winning records, UT and OSU, that NU didn't play, both teams were in the top ten at the time and both are still top 5/15 teams. There is no doubt that I love the job Pelini did this year, but if Leach finishes the job I think he deserves the award.

True Leach does have a lot of talent, but that is a big part of being a coach in CFB also. Look at TT last year to this year. They went 8-4 in the regular season last year and have a shot to go 12-0 this year, not including the Big XII title game as regular season. That is a 4 game improvement, assuming NU takes care of business vs. CU their record will improve by 3 games. To magnify TT's improvement even more, consider that they did this while playing in the Big XII south. They will have played UT, OU, OSU, KU, and NU by seasons end, they all currently have winning records. NU will have played KU, MU, OU, and TT. Fact is TT played, AND beat, two more teams with winning records, UT and OSU, that NU didn't play, both teams were in the top ten at the time and both are still top 5/15 teams. There is no doubt that I love the job Pelini did this year, but if Leach finishes the job I think he deserves the award.

OK, I can dig that. Running the gauntlet of the Big 12 South undefeated is pretty damn impressive too.