Tom notices empty seats

np_husker

one other thing i thought of, with the weather being colder, student were packed more together... in past games there have always been gaps in between students in lower rows, but everyone just merges to the top instead of filling in the gaps.. instead this week, they were possibly all just jammed together filling the holes in... which could also make it look more empty than it was at earlier games - vatech and mizzou

1. Move the students back to the front row. The team is a college team and it is ridiculous to move the students so far away. They are integral to the purpose and spirit of the game.

2. As far as ticket prices, how much do they pay in tuition these days? How much money do most of them have? I don't think veiled threats to increase prices and take away seats is the proper response.

3. Perhaps some students moved into seats vacated by the older fans. Who is to say it was students who left?

Excellent point.

I was sitting in the South Stadium in between the posts about 70 rows up and lets just say, I wasn't rubbing shoulders and I had plenty of room to stretch after before and especially after half time during the Baylor Game...... If people weren't staying when it was 70 degrees outside (not students) whats to say those same people stayed during the Kansas game, and that the students simply moved down.

Yeah..I was surprised option #3 wasn't addressed in the original article.

To the fans still making it to the games:

Is it still easy to move to a better seat after halftime?

Also..to the students:

How tough is it to sell your tickets?

Do they still make the ticket holder show student ID?

...Not that I plan on flying back for a game (call me) or anything.

Student ID or pay the difference to Validate the ticket....

The student section is part of College football and for some reason isn’t celebrated at NU like it is other places. I get all the “old timer” crap but come on it is ridiculous that the students have to be in the back behind rows of people sitting on their hands. At NU the student section appears to be treated the same way the stinking visitor section is good seats on one side and then all the way in the back on the other. If you ask me this is and has been complete crap.

T.O. saying moving the kids back so that some season ticket holders could see better was not done because of money is complete junk. Someone had to complain and make some noise over it otherwise he wouldn’t have changed what was going on.

I will say this though the students’ leaving early and not showing up is complete crap as well. However maybe this is their way of letting the “man” know that they feel like second class fans, which I totally agree with.

Good post which basically explains how I feel as well.