Formula For Another National Championship...

T_O_Bull

Couldn't care less what the talking head Cowherd has to say. He needs to come up with his own schtick. The "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude worked for Rome (whom I really don't care for either) but just because it worked for him doesn't mean you should copy him. Cowherd flip flops and back tracks any time a team loses and then when they win again he comes off as if he told all of us they would succeed.

Penalties don't necessarily have anything to do with anything.

Fewest Penalties Per Game:

76 Texas

88 Utah

95 Oklahoma St.

97 BYU

101 Oklahoma

102 Nebraska

107 Texas Tech

109 Florida

114 Southern California

117 Georgia

119 TCU

Would you say that SC, Florida, Oklahoma are all poorly coached teams? Yes penalties hurt and can cause losses (see NU/VT game) But, just because you're being penalized often doesn't mean you are poorly coached and have no chance of winning anything important.

it seems we have been doing much better on the penalties dont you think? As for offense/defense. I think a power defense is incredibly important. A solid running game is also a critical thing to have, but unlike 90% of the people on this thread, I don't really have a problem with our offense. We put up points quite well. We can slow down the tempo and control the game clock if we want, we are generally money on third down conversions, if we need 7 points in 58 seconds we can do it without a problem, and in general, we put up lots of points.

I concur with you on that, which is why I think Cowherd's analysis about "power running attacks" is wrong.

Wtf does 'power defense' mean anyway?

Not a damn thing. I am not sure what the heck he can mean by that? Let us see, should we execute a nickel package and cover 2 scheme? Maybe we should run a 4-3 package and cover 1. No wait, I have got it!! Let's run a power defense, that will solve them!!!