Ganz

If you think about it, Honorable Mention at QB in the Big XII this year would probably get you at least Second Team in most other conferences around the nation. Ganz has been playing pretty good ball this year. It'll be sad to see him go.

I totally agree with that.

Look at the Big 10, SEC, Pac 10 etc. no conference is as deep at QB as the Big 12.

By NFL career do you mean standing on the sideline and holding a clip board or do you mean actually seeing game action?

However it happens to shake out.

Someone will always wash out surprisingly early. Someone will hang on holding a clipboard for a few years, then be asked to step in, and find themselves a starting NFL quarterback against all odds.

This week's example: Shaun Hill and the San Francisco 49ers.

By the way, I thought Eric Crouch was one of the toughest little QBs I've ever seen, but he is not a better quarterback than anyone currently holding a clipboard in the NFL. He was the product of a college system that took advantage of his unique skills, a system they just don't use in the NFL. Eric Crouch was not a confident passer and there was just no way around that.