Ganz

With all the quality quarterbacks in the Big 12 where does everyone think Ganz ranks? If you ask me he is 6 behind the 4 from the South and Booger. Here is how I see it:

1. Harrell

2. Bradford

3. McCoy

4. Booger

5. Robinson

6. Ganz

7. Reesing

8. Griffen

9. Prince’s baby boy

10. Crappy A&M guy

11. Kid at CU that only plays because of Daddy

12. Crappy ISU guy (but not the worst in the Nation)

So the way it looks Ganz will end up an Honorable Mention All Conference player, which looking at the guys ahead of him is pretty good and is a testament to the season Ganz is having. I wonder though which of the 5 that I have rated ahead of him is as valuable to their team as Ganz is to NU? The truth is NU wouldn’t be as good without Ganz as they are with him. His importance to this team is on par with what Zac Taylor meant to the 06 team. If there was a MVP award for the Big 12 Ganz would seriously have to get votes if people went by what MVP actually means. But since the Big 12 has Player of the Year that will go to whichever QB wins the south and that is just the way it works.

I for one am glad this guy is here and is playing this year. He is just like Taylor where as there are guys with more physical ability, better stats, and all that other jazz but he is the glue that keeps this team rolling. He may not have a future as a Pro player but that doesn’t mean jack when it comes to what he has done as a College player.

With all the quality quarterbacks in the Big 12 where does everyone think Ganz ranks? If you ask me he is 6 behind the 4 from the South and Booger. Here is how I see it:

1. Harrell

2. Bradford

3. McCoy

4. Booger

5. Robinson

6. Ganz

7. Reesing

8. Griffen

9. Prince’s baby boy

10. Crappy A&M guy

12. Really Crappy ISU guy (but not the worst in the Nation)

Ganz should probably be ahead of Robinson. He's passed for about 500 more yards and hasn't had the running game to keep things as honest as Robinson has had.

And say what you want about the Really Crappy ISU guy...he is 7th in the league in passing and 29th in the nation in total offense (hah...he's also the league's 21st highest rusher this year)...which leaves about 100 really, really crappy QB's out there...

1. Harrell

2. Bradford

3. McCoy

4. Booger

5. Robinson

6. Ganz

7. Reesing

8. Griffen

9. Prince’s baby boy

10. Crappy A&M guy

Ganz should probably be ahead of Robinson. He's passed for about 500 more yards and hasn't had the running game to keep things as honest as Robinson has had.

And say what you want about the Really Crappy ISU guy...he is 7th in the league in passing and 29th in the nation in total offense (hah...he's also the league's 21st highest rusher this year)...which leaves about 100 really, really crappy QB's out there...

Sorry I'll remove the word really for you.

I understand what you are saying about Ganz being ahead of Robinson and that is fine. Although Ganz has 622 more passing yards he has also attempted 130 more passes. So that may explain the difference in yards. They have the same amount of TD’s and Ganz has 3 more Int’s. Robinson has a Passing Rating of 178.0 and Ganz is 155.6. Their average yard per attempt is Robinson 10.42 to Joe’s 8.67. Also in the rushing category it is Robinson 113 – 418 – 6(TD) at 3.7 per. Ganz sits at 72 – 248 – 5(TD) at 3.4 per. So going by those averages if Ganz had the same amount of carries at 3.4 he would still be behind in rushing, however if Robinson had 130 more passes he would have about the same completion total with more yards and you can throw in more TD’s for both in their respective catagories. Now those averages aren’t scientific and don’t have any room for error so who knows what they mean. One reason I went with Robinson was because his biggest win was at Mizzou and Joe’s biggest one was at home against KU. I think the Mizzou win trumps the KU one.

Like I said before this is no way is a slight towards Ganz, I wouldn’t trade him for anyone in the nation, well maybe Tebow but that is neither here nor there. In the words of Billy C. “It is what it is.”

I'm carrying this over from another thread about whether Ganz will ever play in the pros.

I'm gonna up the ante a bit. Take these three guys...

1. Harrell

2. Bradford

3. McCoy

....and I predict that Joe Ganz will have a longer NFL career than at least one of them.

Can we all agree to check back with this post in 5 years?

I'm carrying this over from another thread about whether Ganz will ever play in the pros.

I'm gonna up the ante a bit. Take these three guys...

1. Harrell

2. Bradford

3. McCoy

....and I predict that Joe Ganz will have a longer NFL career than at least one of them.

Can we all agree to check back with this post in 5 years?

By NFL career do you mean standing on the sideline and holding a clip board or do you mean actually seeing game action? There is nothing wrong with being a career back-up by the way, that is not what I’m saying.

The point being, maybe all of these guys end up doing that but say one of them sees the writing on the wall and goes on to some other field while the other decides they would rather be a career back-up. Now does that make the one that clings to the career back-up role more successful then the others?

Does that make sense? If not then I’ll have my secretary type something up and I’ll post that.

NFL success doesn’t mean you were better then someone else while playing College Football. Eric Crouch was better then Rex Grossman, Ken Dorsey and Joey Harrington yet they all mad NFL teams. Tommie Frazier was better then Danny Wuerfell, Kordell Stewart, Koy Detmer and any other QB during his days yet those two and many more played in the league while Tommie didn’t.

1. Harrell

2. Bradford

3. McCoy

4. Booger

5. Robinson

6. Ganz

7. Reesing

8. Griffen

9. Prince’s baby boy

10. Crappy A&M guy

So the way it looks Ganz will end up an Honorable Mention All Conference player, which looking at the guys ahead of him is pretty good and is a testament to the season Ganz is having. I wonder though which of the 5 that I have rated ahead of him is as valuable to their team as Ganz is to NU? The truth is NU wouldn’t be as good without Ganz as they are with him. His importance to this team is on par with what Zac Taylor meant to the 06 team. If there was a MVP award for the Big 12 Ganz would seriously have to get votes if people went by what MVP actually means. But since the Big 12 has Player of the Year that will go to whichever QB wins the south and that is just the way it works.

I for one am glad this guy is here and is playing this year. He is just like Taylor where as there are guys with more physical ability, better stats, and all that other jazz but he is the glue that keeps this team rolling. He may not have a future as a Pro player but that doesn’t mean jack when it comes to what he has done as a College player.

It's kind of funny how the top 3 keep changing places even in the hypesman race depending on how each of their respective "teams" do. I still think Bradford is the best of the 3, then McCoy, and then Harell. I'm sure once TT loses to OU the hypseman voters will do the same. I would say McCoy is as important to his team as Ganz is. Last year, Texas really struggled when McCoy was either injured or struggling. I'd also say Baylor is more dependant upon Griffin than we are Ganz. I realize Baylor hasn't won many games, but they'd get slaughtered week in and week out without Griffin. I'm thinking Reesing is as important if not important to KU as Ganz is to us. No way they have the season they had last year without him.

While this year has been named the year of the QB in the Big 12, next year could be even better. McCoy has already stated he's coming back, Reesing will be back, I'd bet almost anything Bradford is back, and Griffin will be one year further along and I'm betting having him alone will land Baylor a pretty decent recruiting class.