Hawkins: message board posters are "scum of society"

Look at it this way, after those 5 years his son will have graduated by then, a senior, earning close to the equivalent of $125,000 of education/possible degree at Boulder

He could have gotten the same level of education for a third the price if he would have just enrolled at Hamilton Business College... <_<

You do realize that CU carries a large part of the Big XII's academic credibility on it's back, right?

Look at it this way, after those 5 years his son will have graduated by then, a senior, earning close to the equivalent of $125,000 of education/possible degree at Boulder

He could have gotten the same level of education for a third the price if he would have just enrolled at Hamilton Business College... <_<

You do realize that CU carries a large part of the Big XII's academic credibility on it's back, right?

Haha :P

I guess the Big 12 doesn't have much academic credibility then. (Outside of UT-Austin).

:lol:

As opposed to the other institutions, which carry it in their minds?

I'm beginning to see CU's problem... :lol:

Do the words "Ward Churchill" mean anything to you?

BTW I googled "University of Colorado" "Academic fraud" and got 2400 hits but "University of Nebraska" "Academic fraud" and got 589 hits

That's like more :sarcasm

Please tell me you don't honestly believe that. I don't know where all the genious graduates are, but they apparently don't frequent the academic circles myself and other University of Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado State, Wyoming, and Utah grads run in IN THE CITY OF DENVER.

Overrated school with less than talented professors. Keep telling yourself that you stand for academics while your ratings go down every year. Back this up with facts, or don't post your BS on here.

:lol:

As opposed to the other institutions, which carry it in their minds?

I'm beginning to see CU's problem... :lol:

I thought they carried it in their ass! :laughpound

Please tell me you don't honestly believe that. I don't know where all the genious graduates are, but they apparently don't frequent the academic circles myself and other University of Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado State, Wyoming, and Utah grads run in IN THE CITY OF DENVER.

Overrated school with less than talented professors. Keep telling yourself that you stand for academics while your ratings go down every year. Back this up with facts, or don't post your BS on here.

I really don't want to get into one of these "well my school has this, yours only has this" debates, but you've pretty much forced my hand here. Nebraska is a fine school, but it's not on par with Colorado academically. Nor is Oklahoma, Iowa State, Texas Tech, or any of the other schools in the Big XII other than Texas, Baylor, and Aggieland. This is not an opinion, this is a fact.

Four of the "less than talented" members of CU's faculty have received Nobel prizes in the past 8 years. I'm not sure what our ranking was this year, but I know that CU has been ranked as the 11th best public university in the country by The Economist numerous times this decade. In 2007 CU was ranked as the #34 university in the world (public or private) by the Institute for Higher Education. 17 CU graduates have gone on to become astronauts and fly in space (that's a lot). Also, most graduates from CU know how to properly spell the word "genius."

I think I'll stop there. Please give my regards to your esteemed circles.

I really don't want to get into one of these "well my school has this, yours only has this" debates, but you've pretty much forced my hand here. Nebraska is a fine school, but it's not on par with Colorado academically. Nor is Oklahoma, Iowa State, Texas Tech, or any of the other schools in the Big XII other than Texas, Baylor, and Aggieland. This is not an opinion, this is a fact.

Four of the "less than talented" members of CU's faculty have received Nobel prizes in the past 8 years. I'm not sure what our ranking was this year, but I know that CU has been ranked as the 11th best public university in the country by The Economist numerous times this decade. In 2007 CU was ranked as the #34 university in the world (public or private) by the Institute for Higher Education. 17 CU graduates have gone on to become astronauts and fly in space (that's a lot). Also, most graduates from CU know how to properly spell the word "genius."

WOW! Now that's what I call some serious intellectual smack. I hate to side with a Buff fan, but for those of you who are not bright enough to realize it "In the Deed the Glory" just got slammed!

WOW! Now that's what I call some serious intellectual smack. I hate to side with a Buff fan, but for those of you who are not bright enough to realize it "In the Deed the Glory" just got slammed!

and the other 95% are in the Betty Ford Clinic

God, I just love friggin' "intellectuals". The thing I hate about Nobel Prize winners is they ain't for sh#t on a construction site, can't swing a hammer to save their lives.....plus you'd never wanna have a beer with one... :cheers Ya never seen one invent the McRib either!

Plus, if your skool is so smart, why the heck did they hire this guy--->hawk1.jpg

Anyway, you'd think if CU is such a great academic school it would rub off a little on their overly entitled, party saturated, ennui engulfed students. Look fellas, I just used some big WURDS! :w00t ^5's all around! :corndance

Naw, jk, I could really care less about CU academics..... :moreinteresting

As is so often forgotten, there should be a balance to life.......an Academic All American is a good example of this. Does NU have any of those? Oh yeah.....we lead the country in Academic All American student athletes!!!! These are the type of people that should be running this country!!!! If Al Gore can win a nobel peace prize.... then you have no argument in my COMMON SENSE opinion!

GBR

As is so often forgotten, there should be a balance to life.......an Academic All American is a good example of this. Does NU have any of those? Oh yeah.....we lead the country in Academic All American student athletes!!!! These are the type of people that should be running this country!!!! If Al Gore can win a nobel peace prize.... then you have no argument in my COMMON SENSE opinion!

GBR

Yeah, and whoever one that last Nobel for economics is doin' a helluva job. :thumbs:sarcasm