Sports Illustrated projects gator bowl for us

HuskerEric

Georgia Tech would be a wonderful matchup!!

Paul Johnson's spread option vs a perrenial option team of old...

interesting!

The offensive genius of PJ vs the defensive genius of Bo.

I think it'll be a great game for the fans. :horns2

I agree, plus I still remember that bowl game loss in 1990 when GT won their last NT under Bobby Ross. I think it was 40-15 or something like that. Would be nice to get some payback.

Georgia Tech would be a wonderful matchup!!

Paul Johnson's spread option vs a perrenial option team of old...

interesting!

The offensive genius of PJ vs the defensive genius of Bo.

I think it'll be a great game for the fans. :horns2

I agree, plus I still remember that bowl game loss in 1990 when GT won their last NT under Bobby Ross. I think it was 40-15 or something like that. Would be nice to get some payback.

That would definately fall under the revenge served cold category.

This would be a dream matchup for me considering I go to GT but I am from Omaha. I would have to say though I do believe it would be a beatdown by GT. I have watched both teams this season (obviously GT more since I get free tickets because I am a student), but the GT offense vs. the NU defense would be a feast for the sophomore phenom Jon Dwyer (remember that name, possible Heisman contender in 2 years, heck even next year). I think GT would run all over NU, and GT's defense is great up front and has a very discipline secondary. It would be fun, but I do honestly think it would not be a good game at all. I am rather unbiased since I am a fan of both teams, so take that for what it is worth. It think GT's defense is on par with the best of the Big 12 D as well.

I agree that GT and the offense worries me a bit. I love Paul Johnson, and was one that was "Begging" for him to come to NU...... (but I am glad we have Bo)...........and the fact is, the option game works very well in the middle of the season because teams only get 1 week to prepare for something they do not see........ one must remember, that NU would get 1 MONTH , with one of the BEST defensive minds in football, to prepare for this offense. With this in mind, I don't think you would see the "undiscipline" that you normally see from a regular season opponent. Just look at NU's bowl record in the 80's......when team's had the time to actually prepare for the option, we were very ineffective. It wan't until we were loaded with NFL quality players in the 90's that we were able to roll. "Jimmy's and Joes....more than X's - O's"

I would venture to guess that GT hasn't seen offenses similar to the potency of the Big 12 week in and week out either.

Remember, I think GT would be a problem for NU, but I don't expect a "blow-out" like you may be predicting.