shoulda woulda coulda

treeeman

Callahan was horrible as a coach and as a representative of the NU Football program. I'm glad he's gone and if I ever see him in Nebraska I will use every connection I have to have him held at Gitmo for the rest of his life.

No offense, cally was a hell of an offensive mind... he did great things for our offense, no matter how many people want to see the power running game come back, we would not be where we are at this year if we didn't have the basis of what Cally established...he wasn't a good fit for US though... he wasn't a good fit here.. but calling him a horrible coach is not doing him justice.

Callahan was horrible as a coach and as a representative of the NU Football program. I'm glad he's gone and if I ever see him in Nebraska I will use every connection I have to have him held at Gitmo for the rest of his life.

No offense, cally was a hell of an offensive mind... he did great things for our offense, no matter how many people want to see the power running game come back, we would not be where we are at this year if we didn't have the basis of what Cally established...he wasn't a good fit for US though... he wasn't a good fit here.. but calling him a horrible coach is not doing him justice.

It may not be doing him justice, but it's an accurate statement about his coaching abilities, his staff management, his abilities develop to players and choose the right starters (Ganz vs. Keller), and motivate talent. So once you break it down, he was worse than horrible. He's gone from NU, let's all be thankful and continue to move on.

Where would the huskers be today if:

Callahan would of played Ganz over Keller last year?

Callahan would of fired Cozgrove?

Look at the games that Ganz played. He put up some nice yards but the team still lost. The results would've been the same no matter when Ganz played...good O, sucky D

Fired him and hired who? Depends on who came in. Bottom line, it doesn't matter...that sinking ship wasn't gonna be salvaged at all.

I don't agree with a lot of things BC did, but he was one hell of a recruiter and he knew how to run an offense. His friendship with Coz cost him his job because he wouldn't get rid of him. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he does really well with whatever job he does. Don't be sour on him. Be a true classy Husker fan and thank him for some of the good he did. Don't be like those Buff fans. GBR! Beat CU!

Where would the huskers be today if:

Look at the games that Ganz played. He put up some nice yards but the team still lost. The results would've been the same no matter when Ganz played...good O, sucky D

Fired him and hired who? Depends on who came in. Bottom line, it doesn't matter...that sinking ship wasn't gonna be salvaged at all.

I agree. The problems of last year were systemic. Starting one guy v. the other, removing a coach here, adding a coach there wouldn't have really fixed anything. It needed to be overhauled from the ground up, like it was.

I can give Cally some credit for giving our offense balance. But as a head football coach he WAS HORRIBLE!!!! He didn't understand how to motivate college athletes and what he did to the Nebraska traditions was RIDICULOUS! The fact he didn't take any ownership in our problems last year was pathetic. He is doing what he should be now, and he should stay far...far...away from being a head coach of a college football program, especially one with the tradition and history of an NU!

Here's one:

Where would the Huskers be if Callahan didn't recruit Ganz? Or Roy Helu? Or Lucky? Or Suh?

Because I have a feeling these guys wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for Billy C.

Like was said Billy C knew offensive talent and I have no doubt he knows football(more then all of us combined). I think his problem was he is an X&O guy not a guy that should be in charge of the whole team. Kind of like Front Butt at ND.