If we had lost???

If Henery had missed the field goal, the game would have been all but over for us. I think people would of remembered the game as "Bonehead Moves I and II". Pelini admitted the fake field goal was a bonehead call and he was right. Joe Gantz's bonehead move was him taking a 14 yard sack in the 4th quarter when we were sitting on the 25 yard line and have a kicker like Henery. Actually this would of been Joe's Bonehead II move already (Texas Tech interception in overtime). Don't get me wrong though, I am a big Joe G. fan and we wouldn't of probably have been this good without him. But I'm glad Henery bailed out Peleni and Joe this time.

Absolutely, that's why game ball goes to Henery...we were dead in the water otherwise... :yeah

That no-call at the end of the half was garbage.

Also, as the TV announcers noted, it should have been down on the fake FG that blew up in our faces. (But we probably deserved that one)

I think they said if the kicker moves out of his kicking position it makes the holder essentially like an QB/RB or something, hence it was called a fumble. Not sure I totally get it.... :dunno

And what about the officiating? It sucked again, I thought. But then so did our defense............for the first two series anyway. After that they were pretty much Blackshirts.

After the second CU touchdown they showed a shot of Bo: "Where the f*&ck was the corner?" Love that guy. :laughpound

Uniform officiating is a thing of the past..

HuskerTrucker you've completely missed my point. I'm just saying if Henery missed the last field goal we would be having some real negative comments about the bonehead moves instead of all the positive comments. I don't need you to tell me that we wouldn't be in the position we are without Bo and Joe.

You need to not look at what could have gone wrong...look for what is right, otherwise you might have a long off season. There were several plays that we didn't make that if we would have made would have made this game a blowout possibly, who knows. It is all speculation. Henery misses the kick, who knows we may have come up with a turnover and ran it all the way back...who knows? CU blocks the kick, comes up with it and runs it all the way back...puts the game out of reach for us, but do we then question kicking the field goal at all? Or do we come back afterwards and say we should have punted? Who knows? The game is what it was...the season is what it was - we could have won possibly two more games this year if one play would have been different in each of those games...but they are what they are. We accepted them, just as we have to accept what ever the end result was yesterday. It was a good game - Enjoy!!

And what about the officiating? It sucked again, I thought. But then so did our defense............for the first two series anyway. After that they were pretty much Blackshirts.

After the second CU touchdown they showed a shot of Bo: "Where the f*&ck was the corner?" Love that guy. :laughpound

Even on TV they stated that the fake field goal play that was run back for a TD should have been called dead as soon as the kicker moved out of position and the holder caught the ball with his knee still on the ground by the rule book. Bo should have thrown the flag and had it reviewed or it should have been reviewed in the booth. They would have called the play dead where the holder caught the ball. It was badly executed even if it had been successful (and still should not have been allowed if he had his knee down when he caught the ball). I think the officials need to re-read the rule book in the off season and start officiating using it. The Conference or the NCAA should not be making statements that they would be more liberal in their definition of the rules. If you want the interpretation of the rule changed...change the damn rule for God's sake. You don't leave it to the official on the field to make the interpretation.

Bottom Line: The NCAA needs to take a hard look at the officiating this year...too many missed calls.

HuskerTrucker you've completely missed my point. I'm just saying if Henery missed the last field goal we would be having some real negative comments about the bonehead moves instead of all the positive comments. I don't need you to tell me that we wouldn't be in the position we are without Bo and Joe.

You need to not look at what could have gone wrong...look for what is right, otherwise you might have a long off season. There were several plays that we didn't make that if we would have made would have made this game a blowout possibly, who knows. It is all speculation. Henery misses the kick, who knows we may have come up with a turnover and ran it all the way back...who knows? CU blocks the kick, comes up with it and runs it all the way back...puts the game out of reach for us, but do we then question kicking the field goal at all? Or do we come back afterwards and say we should have punted? Who knows? The game is what it was...the season is what it was - we could have won possibly two more games this year if one play would have been different in each of those games...but they are what they are. We accepted them, just as we have to accept what ever the end result was yesterday. It was a good game - Enjoy!!

Yeah, "BE HERE NOW!" ;)

Even on TV they stated that the fake field goal play that was run back for a TD should have been called dead as soon as the kicker moved out of position and the holder caught the ball with his knee still on the ground by the rule book. Bo should have thrown the flag and had it reviewed or it should have been reviewed in the booth. They would have called the play dead where the holder caught the ball. It was badly executed even if it had been successful (and still should not have been allowed if he had his knee down when he caught the ball). I think the officials need to re-read the rule book in the off season and start officiating using it. The Conference or the NCAA should not be making statements that they would be more liberal in their definition of the rules. If you want the interpretation of the rule changed...change the damn rule for God's sake. You don't leave it to the official on the field to make the interpretation.

Bottom Line: The NCAA needs to take a hard look at the officiating this year...too many missed calls.

Well, we shouldn't have run that in the 1st place since we did it just 3 wks ago vs KU. But yea, he should've been called down.