MF'r's Visit to Lincoln

Alright folks, the much awaited tale of my first trip to Lincoln, from Okieland..

I left Oklahoma on Wednesday morning, to go visit the family in Kansas City before Friday and have a little turkey. Wednesday and Thursday a lot of events unfolded that have no relevance to husker football (unless you count scoring.. <_< ) So that means we skip to Friday..

Ahh, Friday. Nothing beats waking up at 3:30 in the morning to drive to Lincoln after staying up until 1 in the morning <_< I assure you it was for good cause ;) Anyway, my brother and I leave my grandma's house somewhere around 4, or 5 to head to Lincoln. We arrive in Lincoln at about 730, as we are pulling into a Wal-Mart. I felt it was a good idea to stock up on some husker stuff, as i was in Nebraska because it definetely beats buying it online...so, we wait in line for what seems like forever (Damn you, Black Friday! :angry: )

So, next stop, Memorial Stadium! We're driving around Lincoln, without the slightest clue to get to the stadium, so I decide to just follow some random car with husker stickers all over it...turned out to be a pretty swell idea, as we made it to the stadium at about 8ish. Next, I tell my brother (who is 14) that were going to try to get on the field, and get back to where they do the tunnel walk, and touch the horseshoe..to me, this seemed very implausable, as we would have to get by they guys in yellow at the gates, but i figured we would still try..sure enough, we go through gate 2 when the band was practicing, and go out on the field in the south endzone. Next, I tell my bro, were going to go to the horseshoe.

We walk around the stadium, until we get to gate 15 and just walk right by the guy toward the red carpet..we walk the entire red carpet until we get to the horseshoe, open the doors and BAM!!!! There it was! So, i give my brother my blackberry and make him snap a picture..

post-5728-1228254755.jpg

Luckily, this was after a few minutes of rubbing the sucker down, because I'm pretty sure I had a chub at first :lol:

Then we go back by the weight room, and to a lounge room with a waterfall. We sit there for a few, just kinda taking it all in and relaxing a little. We see someone get in these elevators, so I decide "lets go upstairs!"...bad idea..as we push the button, and the doors open, a man approaches us and asks us what we are doing, and who we are here with..I, of course, had no answer and told him we were from Oklahoma and we were just looking around..he proceeded to tell us how we werent supposed to be back there, so we had to leave.. :cop:

After that, we went and watched the band practice and walked around Lincoln some more...had a few brews, and before I knew it, it was game time..

I had an unbelievable time at the game, that was by far the best college football atmosphere I've ever experienced...I will never forget "the kick"..I couldve thrown a dime on the field before he attempted the kick and it wouldve sounded like a bomb went off in the place! And then after he made it, the place just erupted! Great times, Great fans, Great fun!

I think i will be making the trek back to Lincoln for the spring game, and il be bringing plenty of friends!

-The MF'r

GBR!!!

ps. sorry about the quality of the pic...took it on my mobile

**edit: thought i would post another pic..

post-5728-1228255380.jpg

Now everyone knows the secret of getting out to the field before the gates open...they will shut that down now...gee...thanks for blowing it for all of us!!

Seriously, glad you had a good time. I know I have a fantastic time every time I go to a game...even better when we win. Lot's of good times coming...I can feel it.

Alright folks, the much awaited tale of my first trip to Lincoln, from Okieland..

I left Oklahoma on Wednesday morning, to go visit the family in Kansas City before Friday and have a little turkey. Wednesday and Thursday a lot of events unfolded that have no relevance to husker football (unless you count scoring.. <_< ) So that means we skip to Friday..

Ahh, Friday. Nothing beats waking up at 3:30 in the morning to drive to Lincoln after staying up until 1 in the morning <_< I assure you it was for good cause ;) Anyway, my brother and I leave my grandma's house somewhere around 4, or 5 to head to Lincoln. We arrive in Lincoln at about 730, as we are pulling into a Wal-Mart. I felt it was a good idea to stock up on some husker stuff, as i was in Nebraska because it definetely beats buying it online...so, we wait in line for what seems like forever (Damn you, Black Friday! :angry: )

So, next stop, Memorial Stadium! We're driving around Lincoln, without the slightest clue to get to the stadium, so I decide to just follow some random car with husker stickers all over it...turned out to be a pretty swell idea, as we made it to the stadium at about 8ish. Next, I tell my brother (who is 14) that were going to try to get on the field, and get back to where they do the tunnel walk, and touch the horseshoe..to me, this seemed very implausable, as we would have to get by they guys in yellow at the gates, but i figured we would still try..sure enough, we go through gate 2 when the band was practicing, and go out on the field in the south endzone. Next, I tell my bro, were going to go to the horseshoe.

We walk around the stadium, until we get to gate 15 and just walk right by the guy toward the red carpet..we walk the entire red carpet until we get to the horseshoe, open the doors and BAM!!!! There it was! So, i give my brother my blackberry and make him snap a picture..

post-5728-1228254755.jpg

Luckily, this was after a few minutes of rubbing the sucker down, because I'm pretty sure I had a chub at first :lol:

Then we go back by the weight room, and to a lounge room with a waterfall. We sit there for a few, just kinda taking it all in and relaxing a little. We see someone get in these elevators, so I decide "lets go upstairs!"...bad idea..as we push the button, and the doors open, a man approaches us and asks us what we are doing, and who we are here with..I, of course, had no answer and told him we were from Oklahoma and we were just looking around..he proceeded to tell us how we werent supposed to be back there, so we had to leave.. :cop:

After that, we went and watched the band practice and walked around Lincoln some more...had a few brews, and before I knew it, it was game time..

I had an unbelievable time at the game, that was by far the best college football atmosphere I've ever experienced...I will never forget "the kick"..I couldve thrown a dime on the field before he attempted the kick and it wouldve sounded like a bomb went off in the place! And then after he made it, the place just erupted! Great times, Great fans, Great fun!

I think i will be making the trek back to Lincoln for the spring game, and il be bringing plenty of friends!

-The MF'r

GBR!!!

ps. sorry about the quality of the pic...took it on my mobile

**edit: thought i would post another pic..

post-5728-1228255380.jpg

Hell yeah man...good pics :horns2