Buffalo!

xkbubo

It was a very good game to wa tch! Buffalo was down 10-7 at the half, but put together a great second half on both sides of the ball. Turner has a good looking playbook, and I recognized some of his "Nebraska plays".

The postgame, on field interview with Coach Gill was touching. He told the reporter that he was speechless and just kept shaking his head. Fighting back tears, he said that he just wanted to thank Jesus Christ for putting them in a position to compete and win all season. The reporter asked why he was speechless and Gill really let the tears out. He talked about where the team was three years ago, and he told them that they could be champions, and now they are. The reporter thanked and congratulated him and Gill turned around to his waiting athletic director who gave him a big hug.

Big congrats to Buffalo and the 2007 MAC Coach of the Year!

I would like to send out a huge Congrats to Turner Gill!!!!!!!! Not only did he turn around a pathetic program, he did it with class. I watched the game and afterwards, he was overwhelmed with emotion. I got a little choked up when I saw the AD give him a big hug after the game. That's what it's all about ladies and gentlemen. And to think...many said he wasn't "ready" to be a headcoach. Or, he needs "more experience". To all the naysayers, take a look at the record. First bowl game in 50 years!!! We let him get away.

Congrats Coach Gill!

GO BIG BLUE!

Time to get me some Bulls gear!

Wow! That game was HUGE! 1st CC for Buffalo and 1st trip to a bowl ever! Turner as HC and OC and Jimmy Williams as DC! Those guys got more face time on camera than I've ever seen of any coaches in any game.

I think Buffalo benefited from being in the Eastern division which looks like the weaker of the two--does not have CMU and WMU, both of whom they lost to. 7-5 beats 12 -0, wow, that was big!

I was tearing up at the end when Turner was about to cry. Alotta memories of that guy!

So great for him and their program! :worship

(Oh yes, they made mention of Buffalo's QB, Drew Willy, as being a better pro prospect than Chase Daniel and some others. Well, that was obvious, the guy looks real good! Good back too, James Starks.)

link

There's already two threads on this in the NCAA forum.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31033

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31025

Well, I'm sure a lot of you have noticed the number of topics that have those green arrows beside them. Those arrows mark posts that have been moved from one forum to another.

We realize that the Husker Football forum is the most viewed forum on the Board - and that it's kind of natural to post your topic where it will be seen by the most people. But when that happens, it causes topics that are actually related to Husker Football to "roll off" the main page pretty quickly - which also means that if you noticed a topic you wanted to read or post a reply, and you wait a day, you may have trouble finding it. For that reason, we created a number of other forums to handle non-Husker Football topics. Those include Former Skers, NCAA, Big 12, the BS forum, and so on. Not only do those other forums keep the Husker Football forum uncluttered, but it makes it easier to find specific subjects.

So, just a reminder - please post your topics to the appropriate forum. If the topic is about a former Husker, it may be kind of related to the Huskers, but it should go in the Former Skers forum. The Husker Football forum is intended for more topical posts or general discussion about Husker Football.

Thanks, folks.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others/0-2-279/...-t-be-done.html

"After Friday's game, representatives from the International Bowl offered an invitation to the Bulls to their Jan. 3 game, which they accepted. Manuel said the entire 1958 team, several members of which have been around the program most of the year, will also get complimentary trips to Toronto to play the representative from the Big East.

"The president and I have decided that the 1958 team will have a bowl experience, and they will be coming with us and we will have them with us, as many of them that want to come, to Toronto for the International Bowl," Manuel said. "They're a part of it. It's great to do it on the 50th anniversary and we look forward to them finally having, after 50 years, the bowl experience they rightly deserve.""

And they're taking the 1958 team with them to the bowl. How cool is that? Those guys finally get their bowl trip. :horns2

"Cars were invented to have a faster way of fleeing from Turner Gill. Not to be outdone, Turner Gill invented the car accident."

You know Gill's stock just rocketed up HUGE. I just can't see him not getting a legitimate offer from one of these other openings.

Syracuse looks like a serious chance, but UW and maybe even Auburn might give him a look. Tubberville would be a tough act to follow though...

You know Gill's stock just rocketed up HUGE. I just can't see him not getting a legitimate offer from one of these other openings.

Syracuse looks like a serious chance, but UW and maybe even Auburn might give him a look. Tubberville would be a tough act to follow though...

I think UW picked their HC. He is Southern Cal's OC. {Can't think of his name at the moment}

I think UW picked their HC. He is Southern Cal's OC. {Can't think of his name at the moment}

Sarkesian(?).

Sarkesian(?).

yeah, he's going to be announced monday i believe.