Turner Gill to Auburn?

This report says that Muschamp will be named head coach today.

I still think it will be Turner Gill though. If you watch this interview with Gill, it sure seems like his departure from Buffalo is imminent, even though he can't come right out and say it. (Lots of coachspeak going on in the interview.) He's interviewed with Syracuse and Auburn. Syracuse hired someone else.

Turner: "Maybe my work is done here, I don't know that. There's some things that are probably going to happen, but I don't know when."

EDIT: The Muschamp rumor seems to be gaining steam this morning (even starting to be reported on local Austin radio), but it seems like everyone is just going off of the Mobile Fox affiliate report without any additional confirmation.

This report says that Muschamp will be named head coach today.

I still think it will be Turner Gill though. If you watch this interview with Gill, it sure seems like his departure from Buffalo is imminent, even though he can't come right out and say it. (Lots of coachspeak going on in the interview.) He's interviewed with Syracuse and Auburn. Syracuse hired someone else.

Turner: "Maybe my work is done here, I don't know that. There's some things that are probably going to happen, but I don't know when."

EDIT: The Muschamp rumor seems to be gaining steam this morning (even starting to be reported on local Austin radio), but it seems like everyone is just going off of the Mobile Fox affiliate report without any additional confirmation.

Muschamp is not coming. Like you said everyone is using a VERY unreliable Alabama station as their source. That station cannot pour pee out of a boot if the instructions were on the sole.

That station cannot pour pee out of a boot if the instructions were on the sole.

:rollin

Word out a few minutes ago is that Gene Chizik interviewed yesterday (???) and Jim Grobe is interviewing today.

Miss State just hired the guy they probably should have hired, Florida's OC. No one is going to come in and beat Alabama for in state recruits consistently, but getting 10 guys out of Florida every year would make them pretty competitive and running the spread would give them a chance against more talented teams (which is just what the AD at Miss State was thinking).

From journalstar.com blog (12/12/08):

A possible Gill scenario?

Auburn interviewed Texas Christian coach Gary Patterson in Fort Worth, Texas, on Thursday as the university ramps up for several days of big-name interviews, The Birmingham News reports in Friday's editons, citing a source familiar with the process.

The search to replace Tommy Tuberville is entering its final stages and the process could be over early next week, the source told the newspaper.

So, I'm just speculating here: How about Auburn hires Patterson and TCU then turns to Turner Gill, a Fort Worth native?

Auburn also has interviewed Gill, Tulsa coach Todd Graham, Ball State coach Brady Hoke, Louisiana Tech's Derek Dooley, Georgia assistant Rodney Garner and University of Miami offensive coordinator Patrick Nix.

Patterson obviously is an impressive candidate. The Frogs are 11-3 in their last 14 games against teams from leagues with automatic BCS bids, including a 5-2 mark versus the Big 12 the past four seasons.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...p&type=lgns

Rivals says that Chizik is a candidate

WOW...

I continue to hear how Turner is the fan favorite for the War Eagle, but heard a beat writer last week explain that if Turner was in fact going to be the coach, he would have been named so already.

Now the Patterson thing made complete sense, great hire for Auburn in Patterson and slam dunk for Gill in Fort Worth. Think of this though, if Chizik were to be offered the job at Auburn, does Pollard try to get Turner to come to the graveyard which is Ames?