Clemson Purple Uniforms

How good is Clemson's OL? That will tell a story.

Our recently fired offensive coordinator was the primary problem for #28 CJ Spiller. Seems he wasn't smart enough to get the ball to CJ Spiller in open space. Rather, he'd have CJ attempt to make his own holes. I should also note we had a ridiculous number of injuried on the OL and I believe we ended up with something like 9 different OL's in 10 games. The two-point stance that our fired OC had us using didn't help either.

Quick...somebody call Gene Chizek....ISU is looking for a new OC and this guy sounds like he would fit right into the Cyclone family...

Cy, you don't want him, and I know you were being sarcastic, but I wouldn't wish Rob Spence on the Gamecocks, well maybe I would. He has a great MAC offense.

We had friggin Barney Cotton as our OC a few years ago for God's sake... <_<

Hmmm...and I guess he's going to the Gator Bowl this year, while our old HC Dan McCarney is heading to the BCS Championship with Florida this year....uh....We have the longest road losing streak in all of college football! We're #1! We're #1!

Actually he got fired 3 hours after Bowden.

I was talking about Barney...

LOL...indeed.

Seems like a bitter divide within the Tiger Nation regarding the purple. I think Tommy B got a bit carried away with it, but I definitely don't mind it now and then (maybe like once a year in Football and 2 or 3 times in Basketball).

What I REALLY hate is when people wear navy blue instead of purple. Like when I see orange shirts with navy blue trim instead of purple. Navy Blue is not, has never been, and will never be part of the official school colors. Real men aren't scared to wear purple; ask Ray Lewis.

Keep hanging around HuskerBoard, and you'll see - oh, I don't know - about 35 topics a year urging the team to wear black jerseys.

Yes, you read that correctly - black. For a team whose colors are red and white.

In fact, I'm surprised that hasn't come up in this thread yet...

Why is that so strange? I mean, we have the 'blackshirts' and alot of the Husker gear anymore has black in it... Black is sort of a generic 'we bad ass' type of jersey/color anyway, that alot of teams have in their mix.

on top of that, it is kinda a UNL color, the basketball team and volleyball team sport the color..... maybe the track and wrestling team too?

like clone said though, as long as we win i could care less. i just think it'd be fun to see the team wear black. but we should definitely get those red socks back from the solich days.....

Seems like a bitter divide within the Tiger Nation regarding the purple. I think Tommy B got a bit carried away with it, but I definitely don't mind it now and then (maybe like once a year in Football and 2 or 3 times in Basketball).

What I REALLY hate is when people wear navy blue instead of purple. Like when I see orange shirts with navy blue trim instead of purple. Navy Blue is not, has never been, and will never be part of the official school colors. Real men aren't scared to wear purple; ask Ray Lewis.

Keep hanging around HuskerBoard, and you'll see - oh, I don't know - about 35 topics a year urging the team to wear black jerseys.

Yes, you read that correctly - black. For a team whose colors are red and white.

Why is that so strange? I mean, we have the 'blackshirts' and alot of the Husker gear anymore has black in it... Black is sort of a generic 'we bad ass' type of jersey anyway, that alot of teams have in their mix.

Yeah well we shouldn't wear black jerseys ever, since we have to stick with our red. That is what were known for, thats what all the fans wear to the games, and changing it to black for a game would just be a stupid gimmick. Only teams without a lot of tradition mess with their uniforms a lot (i.e. Oregon).

Pretty sure they do that just because Nike gives them anything they want and they're still trying to find a way to make green and yellow not look disgusting

Well, the OR Ducks thing is mostly about Nike trying to market their wide array of fashionable sports gear to the public more than it is about providing uniforms for a FB team. Ducks are like a big advertisement.

Having like 50 uni combos for one team is STUPID!

you do realize that Bill Bowerman (co-founder of Nike) used to be Oregon's track coach... right?

i think it has more to do with the state of oregon, because nike also has some new retarded jerseys for oreSt every year too....

Why is that so strange? I mean, we have the 'blackshirts' and alot of the Husker gear anymore has black in it... Black is sort of a generic 'we bad ass' type of jersey anyway, that alot of teams have in their mix.

Yeah well we shouldn't wear black jerseys ever, since we have to stick with our red. That is what were known for, thats what all the fans wear to the games, and changing it to black for a game would just be a stupid gimmick. Only teams without a lot of tradition mess with their uniforms a lot (i.e. Oregon).

Pretty sure they do that just because Nike gives them anything they want and they're still trying to find a way to make green and yellow not look disgusting

Well, the OR Ducks thing is mostly about Nike trying to market their wide array of fashionable sports gear to the public more than it is about providing uniforms for a FB team. Ducks are like a big advertisement.

Having like 50 uni combos for one team is STUPID!

you do realize that Bill Bowerman (co-founder of Nike) used to be Oregon's track coach... right?

i think it has more to do with the state of oregon, because nike also has some new retarded jerseys for oreSt every year too....

I actually liked Oregon St.'s unis this year.

At least it was an upgrade from:

to

Why is that so strange? I mean, we have the 'blackshirts' and alot of the Husker gear anymore has black in it... Black is sort of a generic 'we bad ass' type of jersey/color anyway, that alot of teams have in their mix.

on top of that, it is kinda a UNL color, the basketball team and volleyball team sport the color..... maybe the track and wrestling team too?

like clone said though, as long as we win i could care less. i just think it'd be fun to see the team wear black. but we should definitely get those red socks back from the solich days.....

Well, some of these peeps act like you're taking their cookie away from them to suggest a black jersey in the mix... :cry

I hate the purple. I know it was part of the unis long ago, but we got away from it until Hatfield brought it back against N.C. State in 91 I think. Purple should be reserved for Kool-Aid, singing dinosaurs and eggplants. I like all orange. I also, like Penthouse Tiger, prefer the bigger paw on the helmet.

Oh I hate the Raven unis! A more disgusting combo I don't think I have seen, that is until I saw the all Purple unis by Clemson! :lol:

Yeah, the Raven's unis are pretty bad - especially the Arena Football looking all black ones.

Sure I'm biased n'all but I really think that orange paw on the purple jerseys looks sharp. Plus it's a cool shade of purple, like a really dark/royal looking purple. It's not like its a lavender uniform or anything; remember folks, purple is a sign of royalty.

Anyway, Since this is basically a uni thread, here are my favorite combos:

1. Orange Jerseys / White Pants

2. Orange Jerseys / Orange Pants

3. Purple Jerseys / White Pants

4. White Jerseys / White Pants

5. Purple Jerseys / Orange Pants

6. White Jerseys / Orange Pants

7. Purple Jerseys / Purple Pants

8. White Jerseys / Purple Pants

I guess it is time to whip out Orange Jerseys and Purple pants. People WILL NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO! :)

I just not a big fan of the purple, and especially the double purple. I like it better with the Orange. I will be pulling for GBR, but good luck to you Clemson fans and hope it is a great game to watch.

Personally it just a jersey, it weighs the same, its just a different color, if a color makes you play worse then there may be other problems.

there was research done that found that the color red on sports jerseys psychologically affected opponents more than any other color, and in a positive way for the wearer. the article talked about tiger woods and his sunday shirt choices, etc. im not as resourceful or ambitious as some here on this board, im sure one of them will dig it up....but i crap you not.