What if TO gave Cally one more year....

Dont get me wrong, I love Mark Pelini.... But If TO gave Callahan one chance And he sucked (like we all know he would have).... Is Turner Gill our new head coach next year??

Just something I thought about at work today... What do you guys think?

Simple..no coaching changes...the sellout streak ends, the Sea of Red thins, and the Huskers will go 6-6 or worse this season.

Dont get me wrong, I love Mark Pelini.... But If TO gave Callahan one chance And he sucked (like we all know he would have).... Is Turner Gill our new head coach next year??

Who the hell is Mark Pelini???????

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Don't mock somebody just because they know the facts and you don't.

To honestly answer, I doubt it. Bo Pelini still has a much better track recorded and proven long term results. Gill may have won the MAC championship and beat undefeated Ball State, but Gill really has no significant experience at a major college football program other than his years as an assistant at NU. He has never been OC, DC, and has only been an HC at a run of the mill Buffalo program for a couple years.

Here is what I think (in a sort of what if way...): Cally stays on for 6 more years despite his terribleness. Gill gets Buffalo to be a 1-2 loss team for multiple years and gets Buffalo to respectable bowls, and we're looking at Gill as a head coach.

Simple..no coaching changes...the sellout streak ends, the Sea of Red thins, and the Huskers will go 6-6 or worse this season.

I understand it would have been bad.... But the question is "Would Turner Gill be the 2009 Nebraska coach"?