So am probably going to get a Bluray player this Christmas, and was wondering if any of you knew what which ones were the best, or the best value. Or if they are all the same. I can tell a little difference based on the features it says you have. But I just want to make sure I spend my money in the right way. Any help or advice is appreciated

I would just suggest getting a PS3. Don't know your age or life, but if you are young enough to still be entertained by video games, or have children that would be, PS3 is the best way to go. Not only because of games or other multimedia support, but the PS3 is the only guaranteed player that will be able to support all the upcoming features for Blu-Ray in the future.

A couple aspects that make the PS3 a better option than most Blu-ray players, it will always be updated to be able to use every new feature. The PS3 also works as an amazing media hub, streaming almost any media file from a networked computer to the TV or audio systems. Any Blu-ray stand alone that comes in under the PS3's price tag are more of bargin basement types to my understanding.

• 3 weeks later...