ETR v formerfan

Okay, obviously formerfan is calling me out here with his sig. I said:

It's not the X's and O's, but the Jimmy' and Joe's - Barry Switzer

It's not the gameplan, but the athletes. - Tom Osborne, halftime of the Florida game.

Formerfan says:

If it's not the X's and O's, but the Jimmy's and Joe's, then why did john blakes jimmy's and joe's go 3-7 under him?----Formerfan

If it's not the gameplan, it's the athletes, then why did cally's Super Bowl/Hall of Fame athletes go 4-12 under him?----Formerfan

Who do you agree with and why????????

I agree with Eric because not only did two coaching legends say those things, but they also are true no matter how you look at the situation.

I wouldnt say that what TO and BS (thats kind of funny) is true ALL of the time. Sometimes great players make bad coaches good, and sometimes good coaches make bad players better. Hell, sometimes bad players make good coaches bad.

You can have the greatest talent in the country (blake-OU) and be horrible. You can take not so great talent (TO in the mid 80's-early 90's) and make them pretty good.

My point being, you need both, great coaching and great players to succeed. If you dont have both, you cannot win at the highest level consistently. To be a truly great team, you have to have a mixture of both, along with quite a few other intangibles.

BTW, it has happened many times that certain coaches couldnt win with certain players, yet when a new coach came in, those players performed well. And there have been coaches that failed miserably, but when put in a different situation with different players, he worked out well.

Blake isnt the Head Coach like he was at OU so ffs quote would be more appropriate if he was HC. He should also add "but he is a hell of a recruiter!" to his quote. But he wouldnt do anything like that because he would have to say something nice about Blake. All he looks for is the negative.

He says that BC took a superbowl team to 4-12. Once again only looking for the negative. Does ff forget that BC is also the guy that COACHED the Raiders to the Super Bowl???

Im gonna have to say that I dont agree with ffs quotes or anything else he types.

Blake isnt the Head Coach like he was at OU so ffs quote would be more appropriate if he was HC. He should also add "but he is a hell of a recruiter!" to his quote. But he wouldnt do anything like that because he would have to say something nice about Blake. All he looks for is the negative.

He says that BC took a superbowl team to 4-12. Once again only looking for the negative. Does ff forget that BC is also the guy that COACHED the Raiders to the Super Bowl???

Im gonna have to say that I dont agree with ffs quotes or anything else he types.

Yes, Blake is a good recruiter, horrible coach, but good recruiter. Name one player that he coached and made into a much better player in all his years on the sideline. Besides, I was referring to his time as OUs HC (a time they happily forget in Norman).

You forget that the Raiders were built to go to the SB, they had made it to the AFC championship game for at least the year before, and possibly 2 straight years (I dont remember). BTW, how did they do that day??? norvell said that cally did his best coaching job in the week leading upto that SB. Are you freaking kidding me, his best coaching job and they still got waxed?? They were stacked with Pro Bowlers, Hall of Famers, hell they even had the freaking MVP. That was Grudens team, cally was just gravy-training a ride to the SuperBowl. Once he put in "his" wonderful system, you saw (but are trying to hide from) the results (4-12). Thats part of the reason why Allpros like Woodson and Brown hated him.

Fact: he was in the right place, at the right time, twice. He had a team that was built to go to the SB, and he orchestrated one of the greatest one year nose dives int the history of the sport. First to worst, not many coaches have ever accomplished that. Then, after he was fired, he took a 10-3 team and led them to their first losing season in over 40 years. You can try to blame anyone and everyone else, but those, my friend :wasted are what we in Realityland call FACTS, plain and simple. I cannot recall any one coach taking 2 different very successful team, and leading them to their worst records in their recent history in 2 consecutive years. That is the legacy of callahan. To not agree with that is to not agree with the truth.

That has to be some sort of record.

Okay, obviously formerfan is calling me out here with his sig.  I said:

It's not the X's and O's, but the Jimmy' and Joe's - Barry Switzer

It's not the gameplan, but the athletes. - Tom Osborne, halftime of  the Florida game. 

Formerfan says:

If it's not the X's and O's, but the Jimmy's and Joe's, then why did john blakes jimmy's and joe's go 3-7 under him?----Formerfan

If it's not the gameplan, it's the athletes, then why did cally's Super Bowl/Hall of Fame athletes go 4-12 under him?----Formerfan

Who do you agree with and why????????

You, because:

A ) You put more hard work into being one of the closest people to the program around here.

B ) You don't troll for responses.

C ) You don't manipulate quotes from living college football and husker legends so it fits your "argument". Keep in mind these are the same coach that you praise for being the kind of coach we need at this time.

In my mind, he isn't calling you out Eric. He is calling out the coaches that made those statements. As if to say, "Those guys are idiots too, haha, I know all there is to know about what a college football team should be."

It's pathetic.

Excellent work at the spring game by the way, :horns2

In my mind, he isn't calling you out Eric. He is calling out the coaches that made those statements. As if to say, "Those guys are idiots too, haha, I know all there is to know about what a college football team should be."

It's pathetic.

Excellent work at the spring game by the way, :horns2

Im not calling everyone out, if you took the time to read my previous posts, I have said what needs to be said. While those statements may have been true when they were uttered, they are not absolute. If so, then why did blake have such a terrible record with National Championship caliber talent at OU? :wacko: Read the previous posts, if you are open-minded enough to get past the messenger, and listen to the message. Pathetic is your inability to decipher what I was saying.

I agree, excellent work. :thumbs

Pathetic is your inability to decipher what I was saying.

Nope. No deciphering needed. It's really as plain as day. Like most members, I don't really read many of your posts anymore. Only filling my duty as a mod by skimming them to make sure they are somewhat in line with the rules.

The only reason I posted here is because ETR >>> FormerFan.

Pathetic is your inability to decipher what I was saying.

Nope. No deciphering needed. It's really as plain as day. Like most members, I don't really read many of your posts anymore. Only filling my duty as a mod by skimming them to make sure they are somewhat in line with the rules.

The only reason I posted here is because ETR >>> FormerFan.

Thats cool, just bury your head like some of the others, hide from the facts.

When the sun doesnt shine in your world, pull your head out.

Maybe you should read them, you'd learn quite a bit about the game.

At least there is a chance for the sun to shine in our world.

Do you recall the centers name that went missing the night before the Super Bowl? Possibly the guy that called all the line play missing had something to do with it, ya think?

All of those fantastic Pro Bowlers are gone now aren't they? Didn't Sapp make some comment about how bad they were?

Didn't the MVP endorse Callhahan, Parrella and a few other past Huskers say he did a good job there?

Again my main question is if you are a former fan why the heck do you care what happens. You are a Troll, nothing more, nothing less.

Troll on FF, soon there will be no one responding to your idiotic posts.

Move to Onion U, they need you there. No, that is not true, no one needs you, your like a giant needle in the bottom. :thumbs:flush:cheers:bounce:box:bat:wasted:rollin:rickjames:wtf

At least there is a chance for the sun to shine in our world.

Do you recall the centers name that went missing the night before the Super Bowl? Possibly the guy that called all the line play missing had something to do with it, ya think?

All of those fantastic Pro Bowlers are gone now aren't they? Didn't Sapp make some comment about how bad they were?

Didn't the MVP endorse Callhahan, Parrella and a few other past Huskers say he did a good job there?

Again my main question is if you are a former fan why the heck do you care what happens. You are a Troll, nothing more, nothing less.

Troll on FF, soon there will be no one responding to your idiotic posts.

Move to Onion U, they need you there. No, that is not true, no one needs you, your like a giant needle in the bottom. :thumbs:flush:cheers:bounce:box:bat:wasted:rollin:rickjames:wtf

You lack the basic skills to warrant a response.

Take your own advice, go away.