Bowl Mania Special on ESPN2 now

JTrain

They aren't the best D-line, however, they are damn good (especially considering the one player that the d-line was going to be leaning on this season was OUT for the WHOLE season).

Did coaching or maturity make them better? I would be inclined to say both, but would point out the coaching had the most effect. Just look at the technique from 2007 (and even from the beginning of the 2008 season) compared to now. HUGE difference.

They aren't the best D-line, however, they are damn good (especially considering the one player that the d-line was going to be leaning on this season was OUT for the WHOLE season).

Did coaching or maturity make them better? I would be inclined to say both, but would point out the coaching had the most effect. Just look at the technique from 2007 (and even from the beginning of the 2008 season) compared to now. HUGE difference.

OU has the most sacks, McCoy second team AA, Austomn English was injured and his backup Alexander did great and Beal did fine. UT had Orakpo (STEROIDS?, acne, deep voice and 500 lb BP), Miller and Melton. Williams and the rest of DL was fine vs UT and OSU, then reverted to scrubs, then NU DL, but NU lacks depth.

The Bachelor is fairly confident in a Florida win. I missed the other two, though... anyone see who they picked?

In the preseason he picked OU to win it all. I wonder why he changed

He watched OU give up points to TX, KU, KSU, OSU, and NU? Their defense isn't all that great. Offense is amazing though.

I agree with that. I think the coaching helped push along the maturing.... ie penalties.

Heres the deal... Our line backers (other than Glenn, and Dillard) are not run stoppers and we've played a lot of nickle and dime type "D's" in big 12 games to stop the wide open and so called spread offenses

- so OU running on us wasn't too surprising, if Dillard's back for Clemson the middle should be worth about all of 2 YPC average between the tackles.

The problem is outside the tackles- our ends pinch in, and seem to allow the perimeter runs, this along with the lack of laterial movement from our WILL and Buck linebacker positions would look like a weak spot for a fast team like Clemson to attack.