Gator Bowl Prediction

mmmtodd

Joey's been passing for more like 300+ yds/game + the rushing.

I don't believe Spiller runs a 4.25 40 and I absolutely don't believe the other guy runs a 4.12. Like yea, he runs a 9.0 100M, shoulda been in the Olympics that guy.

No, Joey's been passing for more like 278 yards per game + 20 yards rushing per game. Most games, he does very little on the ground, with some exceptions like K-State (95) and NMST (69).

And seriously, Ganz threw for ~160 yards against NMST, and just over 200 against Oklahoma. I don't know why all of you seem to think that every player must put up his statistical average in this bowl game, because I promise you that is not going to happen. The sim had Joey rushing 10 times, which is more than what he usually does. It's more than generous.

no doubt. brilliant analysis. cant wait for his election prediction

Jeez, how many times do I have to say this. This isn't an analysis! The company designed a simulation engine to simulate various sports games, and they model the teams, then throw them in the simulator and we see whatever gets churned out. That's all it is. When you sim the game in NCAA 09, is it an 'analysis'? Is it your 'prediction'? If Nebraska loses 0-45, does that make you an 'idiot'? Come on! You guys are taking this way, way too personal. it's a simulation, for chrissake. yell at the computers all you want, they don't mind.

And honestly, I'm not shocked at all that these guys are not aware of the "indefinite suspension" of an obscure linebacker on an average 8-4 team. big freakin deal.

I will put my money on one running back, 4.25, another 4.40, wide reciever 4.12.

These are all 40 times. Oh, also have a senior that has more receptions than anyone in acc history, (Kelly)

Speed kills, Huskers have not seen speed like this.

If you live in omaha, come to clancys at 114, I will be the guy in the clemson coat.

oh? fast players, we havent seen anything like it... mizzou, ou, texas tech, kansas... even CU had some quick feet. I think we can coral your "speed" and give it a dose of BOFENSE that will stop it in its tracks.

I stopped paying attention to 40 times a few years ago, when jumbo Dan Alexander, who ran a 4.4 or 4.5, pulled away from the CU safety who ran like a 4.2 40.

I will put my money on one running back, 4.25, another 4.40, wide reciever 4.12.

These are all 40 times. Oh, also have a senior that has more receptions than anyone in acc history, (Kelly)

Speed kills, Huskers have not seen speed like this.

If you live in omaha, come to clancys at 114, I will be the guy in the clemson coat.

oh? fast players, we havent seen anything like it... mizzou, ou, texas tech, kansas... even CU had some quick feet. I think we can coral your "speed" and give it a dose of BOFENSE that will stop it in its tracks.

I stopped paying attention to 40 times a few years ago, when jumbo Dan Alexander, who ran a 4.4 or 4.5, pulled away from the CU safety who ran like a 4.2 40.

Game speed.

Joey's been passing for more like 300+ yds/game + the rushing.

No, Joey's been passing for more like 278 yards per game + 20 yards rushing per game. Most games, he does very little on the ground, with some exceptions like K-State (95) and NMST (69).

And seriously, Ganz threw for ~160 yards against NMST, and just over 200 against Oklahoma. I don't know why all of you seem to think that every player must put up his statistical average in this bowl game, because I promise you that is not going to happen. The sim had Joey rushing 10 times, which is more than what he usually does. It's more than generous.

Joey Ganz Career Passing Stats(for games started):

*2007*

KU--405 passing yds, Team rushing 79

KSU--510, 183

CU--484, 126

*2008*

WMU--345, 138

SJSU--216, 99

NMSU--158, 330(69 Ganz)

VT--278, 55

Mizzou--290, 79

TT--349, 114

ISU--328, 220

Baylor--336, 161

OU--206, 204

KU--324, 167

KSU--270, 340(95 Ganz)

CU--229, 178

Total passing yds in 15 games--4728

Total passing yds per game(in 15 games)--315.2

8 games over 300 yds, 3 of those over 400 yds.

He's a very effective rusher AND they subtract sack ydg from rushing totals. But his 20-30 yds/game are usually at key times.

I don't believe Spiller runs a 4.25 40 and I absolutely don't believe the other guy runs a 4.12. Like yea, he runs a 9.0 100M, shoulda been in the Olympics that guy.

I have no idea what Spiller or Ford's true 40 times are. I do know that since they both ran track Ford had the fastest 60 meter time in the nation last year and ran a best of 10.21 in the 100m. Spiller ran a 10.28 in the 100m I believe. On the field in pads Spiller looks faster because he stops and goes back to full speed so quickly.

I have no idea what Spiller or Ford's true 40 times are. I do know that since they both ran track Ford had the fastest 60 meter time in the nation last year and ran a best of 10.21 in the 100m. Spiller ran a 10.28 in the 100m I believe. On the field in pads Spiller looks faster because he stops and goes back to full speed so quickly.

Maybe they are that fast! :lol:

I know Spiller/Davis are going to get some yards, we just gotta limit it as best we can.

Oh well, we have enough team speed to deal with them, though it will be a challenge. Usually takes a qtr or so to adapt.

He's a very effective rusher AND they subtract sack ydg from rushing totals. But his 20-30 yds/game are usually at key times.

I agree zE bOp, but the simulation gave him 10 carries for 45 yards, which I think is very fair.

sure, np, but that sim in general sounds like a bunch o' horse phooey.

It think the interesting point was the computer played the game 1000 times with Clemson winning 61% of the time with the average score 24-22. That shows that they are fairly evenly matched.

I wonder how they have the players for both teams weighted.

What is their track record? How have they done in bowl games this year so far?

It think the interesting point was the computer played the game 1000 times with Clemson winning 61% of the time with the average score 24-22. That shows that they are fairly evenly matched.

I wonder how they have the players for both teams weighted.

What is their track record? How have they done in bowl games this year so far?

I think they are only right on about half so far:

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxsc...ticle=2008Bowls